OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it basically is just that.... little over 36 long x 18.25 x 17.... Oh well I tried o_Oo_O

Thanks again... not really in the finances at the moment anyways. Patience in this hobby is the real test.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well put it this way, I was only thinking about $75 if you wanted it. I think I put about 135-140 into it and figured that was a good price for it. But I really have no idea if that's fair or not. I just figured we could work something out at a later date if you wanted it.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well put it this way, I was only thinking about $75 if you wanted it. I think I put about 135-140 into it and figured that was a good price for it. But I really have no idea if that's fair or not. I just figured we could work something out at a later date if you wanted it.

If it was 35x17 I would do it and come this week to get it. The center brace is at 35.5" I can cover the 18 front the back. But cuz of the center brace on the stand it wont squeeze at 18" so close tho... :mad:

Really appreciate the thought... very nice on u sir

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooooo....

Just scored an advanced gyre controller, FINALLY. @sergebmw2 thanks for the great communication and problem solving!

Will get tracking info tomorrow and finally get some desperately needed proper flow in this tank.

On a negative note, 4 days after the war on algae via pulling all the rock and scrubbing, I am seeing bubbles forming... again. :mad:

Vibrant will be ordered shortly. Meh.

::waves white flag::;Vomit

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty... so... Algae is trying to come back, but it seems to have stabilized. In some nooks and crannies, but not spreading like before.. so I suppose I will continue to avoid dosing chemicals. I started running my fuge light 15 hours instead of 12, perhaps enough to swing the odds. Time will tell.

On a random note... this showed up in the snow bank next to the end of my driveway... a sign? Perhaps someone saw me hauling water and gave up and dropped it for me to take in? No way its random I think? Its in pristine condition. I opened it up to find media, bioballs, carbon, sponge... even the tubing is clear and clean.. was wet, but not used by any mean.
20181119_141948.jpg

Havent tested it yet, but I will shortly.
MarineLand canister. On hold with ML now to figure out which model it is.

Good news:

Just got this in today...
20181119_142105.jpg

will FINALLY be hooking up and dialing in the 2 brand new XF250's I have had laying around for 2 months waiting for a good deal on a controller to come my way.

QT update: the starry blenny and strawberry psuedo have 2 weeks till they're ready for the DT. Both look healthy and active.

Corals: I have started to see some white bleaching on 2 spa and a monti I have had for months. All parameters are steady where they have been. Not sure what is causing the changes. ;Meh

15426562672996831393767384933492.jpg
15426563015153998380983707636090.jpg

That's all for now.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ML says it's a 360gph, good for up to 100gal. Hmmm... I suppose I could sell it, or use it on my 55g QT.

Free $130 canister anyway. Thanks to whoever it was that donated it to my snow bank! LoL... weirdest thing ever I swear

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big shout out and thanks to mike @mta_morrow for the hour-long maxspect gyre session this morning.

Got the 250s under control, but far from where I want them. Today will be a learning curve on gyre controllers. 3 cups of joe in and ready to strap a cushion to my forehead before going to school and dialing these in.

Will update on my progress if and when I achieve the proper programming I an aiming for.

Thanks again mike. I needed the encouragement.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big shout out and thanks to mike @mta_morrow for the hour-long maxspect gyre session this morning.

Got the 250s under control, but far from where I want them. Today will be a learning curve on gyre controllers. 3 cups of joe in and ready to strap a cushion to my forehead before going to school and dialing these in.

Will update on my progress if and when I achieve the proper programming I an aiming for.

Thanks again mike. I needed the encouragement.

It was my pleasure!

I love R2R as there are so many people that continue to help me.

You know how to get hold of me if you need to, but you got it now!

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was my pleasure!

I love R2R as there are so many people that continue to help me.

You know how to get hold of me if you need to, but you got it now!

Absolutely. This community continues to impress me. Haven even gotten back to the gyres yet. Spent all day balancing finances and paying bills instead of shopping black Friday deals sadly.

Oh well. Lifes a b and then u die. Hehe

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent all day balancing finances and paying bills instead of shopping black Friday deals sadly

How ironic of you to manage your finances while the rest of the country blows their’s up. :)

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How ironic of you to manage your finances while the rest of the country blows their’s up. :)

Ironic and disappointing considering the money I could have saved on the stuff for my sump plan conversion :(

On another note... gyres are installed and going through fine tuning:

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant get them over 20% without them blowing everything everywhere. Overpowered for my tank for sure, but that was the plan. This way I can run them very low and longer life.

@mta_morrow has a 5ft tank, smaller, less water and runs his at like 50% with no issues. ::shrugs::

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant get them over 20% without them blowing everything everywhere. Overpowered for my tank for sure, but that was the plan. This way I can run them very low and longer life.

@mta_morrow has a 5ft tank, smaller, less water and runs his at like 50% with no issues. ::shrugs::

Many factors. Rockwork, sand type, coral type, etc. The 250s are pretty powerful, so 20% each is decent flow. About 2000 GPH is probably close to 20x your actual water volume.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kinda fish! :)
Awesome pic

He really is Such a character...

Starry blenny goes in next weekend. Hopefully no issues since the starry is 5". Shouldnt be a problem I would think.

As for the strawberry psuedo that is joining in as well, we will see how my 6line and blue damsel deal with that. My davinci female may be a bit flustered as well.

Updates to come.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rich,

Have you made any progress with the gyres?

Are you getting them tuned in and synced up?

They are running at 20% alternating mode. The video is above.

I havent messing with any other settings yet. Been fighting a cold. This week I will play with more settings. Thanks again for your help bub!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back