The Seawitch Lose Your Mind First Saltwater Tank Where I Make All The Mistakes So You Don't Have To.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we took it apart, we found that a coupler between 2 canisters was broken--maybe in shipping. We replaced it, and now the unit works fine. It was a big disappointment because I really thought I was buying the best.

Be sure to run (and test) it before filling your tank. Output TDS should be zero at all times. I changed out DI resin in one of my units, flushed it for about an hour, but was still reading ~ 300 TDS output. Much higher than the tap water going in. :eek: I've never seen that happen before.

OP
OP
Seawitch

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to the big city yesterday (Vancouver) to visit my daughter. There are 3 reef LFS there, but we only had time to visit one. So, we went to J&L Aquatics. They had quite a few tanks, and the fish looked healthy, but I wasn't terribly impressed overall. They had some LR from California, but it was cultured on land and wasn't overly impressive. I'll have to call the other ones and see where their LR comes from. My daughter was very taken with some ribbon eels. They really only had one mature display tank, and I don't she had ever seen a SW tank with lots of coral in it. Her jaw just dropped.

Photos from trip. So, no, @hdsoftail1065 I didn't buy any LR, but I will soon.

IMG_3356.JPG

IMG_3358.JPG

IMG_3361.JPG

IMG_3364.JPG

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back