Highgrade

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Are all the Magnets $14.99 or is there different sizes? I'd like to pick some up to mount corals to the back glass of a few tanks. I currently do this with the Vertex cleaner magnets sealed in acrylic as well. They're just not that powerful. Once the coral grows out a bit they wont hold as well. They do work well for encrusting corals -Monti's,Pavaona,Cyphastrea.

OP
cromag27

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Are all the Magnets $14.99 or is there different sizes? I'd like to pick some up to mount corals to the back glass of a few tanks. I currently do this with the Vertex cleaner magnets sealed in acrylic as well. They're just not that powerful. Once the coral grows out a bit they wont hold as well. They do work well for encrusting corals -Monti's,Pavaona,Cyphastrea.

Just the magnets here:

http://octoaquatics.com/octo-pods/

OP
cromag27

cromag27

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
all prices dropped by $10!!!

giphy.gif

joro

That Guy
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Keep us posted on how it works on your 3/4 inch thick glass. I too have 3/4 glass and would be interested to hear how it does for you.

Just as a follow-up, the SHU was delivered and finally got a few minutes to put it in the tank to test it out (I’m running fallow right now because of a velvet outbreak so no fish in it yet :(). In any case, happy to report the unit did stick securely with the 3 magnets as suggested and the build quality seems top notch, can’t wait to put it into actual use! One question I have for you @cromag08 is how do you release a fish into the tank? I know the lid opens on top but it seems like it might be a little tough to pull open (which I suppose is the point to make sure fish don’t escape). Didn’t know if there was a suggested method that may be easier!

Thanks again!

3E902721-258F-4E47-B61C-CDEB4F8F019F.jpeg

OP
cromag27

cromag27

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hold the ends with your finger tips then gently push up on the lid extensions with your thumbs.

Just as a follow-up, the SHU was delivered and finally got a few minutes to put it in the tank to test it out (I’m running fallow right now because of a velvet outbreak so no fish in it yet :(). In any case, happy to report the unit did stick securely with the 3 magnets as suggested and the build quality seems top notch, can’t wait to put it into actual use! One question I have for you @cromag08 is how do you release a fish into the tank? I know the lid opens on top but it seems like it might be a little tough to pull open (which I suppose is the point to make sure fish don’t escape). Didn’t know if there was a suggested method that may be easier!

Thanks again!

3E902721-258F-4E47-B61C-CDEB4F8F019F.jpeg

OP
cromag27

cromag27

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Lie. Lol, just kidding.

I really want “The Schillinger”, but I can just imagine the question the first time I put it to use: "That's new, how much was it?". "Don't worry honey, it was on sale."

OP
cromag27

cromag27

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
what????????

• Lifetime guarantee! That’s right, if your SHU™ ever fails under normal usage (see warranty page) I will replace it for FREE. All you are required to do is return the faulty item along with all magnets and I will repair it or ship out a new one.

yup.

Last edited:
Tidal Gardens January 19th YouTube Live Show