The SHU™ - Acclimation Box

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all the Magnets $14.99 or is there different sizes? I'd like to pick some up to mount corals to the back glass of a few tanks. I currently do this with the Vertex cleaner magnets sealed in acrylic as well. They're just not that powerful. Once the coral grows out a bit they wont hold as well. They do work well for encrusting corals -Monti's,Pavaona,Cyphastrea.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all the Magnets $14.99 or is there different sizes? I'd like to pick some up to mount corals to the back glass of a few tanks. I currently do this with the Vertex cleaner magnets sealed in acrylic as well. They're just not that powerful. Once the coral grows out a bit they wont hold as well. They do work well for encrusting corals -Monti's,Pavaona,Cyphastrea.

Just the magnets here:

http://octoaquatics.com/octo-pods/

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the medium size one a good enough size for introducing a 2" blue hippo tang from QT into the display?

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all prices dropped by $10!!!

giphy.gif

joro

That Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted on how it works on your 3/4 inch thick glass. I too have 3/4 glass and would be interested to hear how it does for you.

Just as a follow-up, the SHU was delivered and finally got a few minutes to put it in the tank to test it out (I’m running fallow right now because of a velvet outbreak so no fish in it yet :(). In any case, happy to report the unit did stick securely with the 3 magnets as suggested and the build quality seems top notch, can’t wait to put it into actual use! One question I have for you @cromag08 is how do you release a fish into the tank? I know the lid opens on top but it seems like it might be a little tough to pull open (which I suppose is the point to make sure fish don’t escape). Didn’t know if there was a suggested method that may be easier!

Thanks again!

3E902721-258F-4E47-B61C-CDEB4F8F019F.jpeg

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold the ends with your finger tips then gently push up on the lid extensions with your thumbs.

Just as a follow-up, the SHU was delivered and finally got a few minutes to put it in the tank to test it out (I’m running fallow right now because of a velvet outbreak so no fish in it yet :(). In any case, happy to report the unit did stick securely with the 3 magnets as suggested and the build quality seems top notch, can’t wait to put it into actual use! One question I have for you @cromag08 is how do you release a fish into the tank? I know the lid opens on top but it seems like it might be a little tough to pull open (which I suppose is the point to make sure fish don’t escape). Didn’t know if there was a suggested method that may be easier!

Thanks again!

3E902721-258F-4E47-B61C-CDEB4F8F019F.jpeg

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your tang doing, Jason?
It’s doing great it spent about 26ish hours in the Shu. Then I opened the lid and lowered it to where it could swim out. It came out about an hour or so later and been fine ever since!

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lie. Lol, just kidding.

I really want “The Schillinger”, but I can just imagine the question the first time I put it to use: "That's new, how much was it?". "Don't worry honey, it was on sale."

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what????????

• Lifetime guarantee! That’s right, if your SHU™ ever fails under normal usage (see warranty page) I will replace it for FREE. All you are required to do is return the faulty item along with all magnets and I will repair it or ship out a new one.

yup.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back