The Start of Misinformation, Misunderstandings, and Acknowledging Lack of Knowledge

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many years ago, at the start of my Internal medicine class in medical school, my professor pointed to the huge textbook that he edited, as the Editor in Chief, and told my class:
“Approximately 50% of the information on this textbook will eventually prove to be false. The problem is we don’t know which 50% yet”. We still use books then not computer.
There is essentially no aquarium related studies, only experiences. The best informations we have are mostly reproducible experiences. Be discriminate and take it all with a huge grain of salt.
That statement (we don't know what half is wrong) should be the first class our children attend to in their formal education. Sadly, many teachers are too caught up in their knowledge to understand the unfortunate position that we have to work in on the road to understanding.

I'm giving a talk on this on Wednesday to my peers, although the topic will be hidden inside of my Resources at Risk presentation upon Bean Clams, (Insert scientific name here).

Happy Reef Keeping here in the darkend world. :)

I Love You Heart GIF

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back