The start of my dream Zoa Garden.

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone, I am still fairly new to the hobby. But I have grown to love and really enjoy this hobby, and have developed a dream to have my very own zoanthid garden, where I can grow, sell and trade with others in this hobby.

My starter tank was a 10 gallon nano, but i quickly upgraded to a bigger tank. I now have a 25 gallon lagoon from Innovative Marine.(only because I am in an apartment for the time being) I have two ai prime lights giving light to my tank, a ghost protein skimmer. I have a cobalt heater. With two media basket inserts. The inhabitants of my tank are two Black Ocellaris Clownfish, sand sifting diamond gobi, 3 Mexican turbo sanils, a hand full of blue legs, 3 Lysmata wurdemann(cleaner shrimp), also have a RBT anemone. 2 palys: Devils aromor, and Rainbow Infusion Corbred. 9 different zoas; KO Nightmare, Magicians, Blue Hornets, Deep Freeze, Chuckies Bride, Rastas, Hydra Pink Zombies, Punk Rocker Cornbred, Bam Bams, I plan to collect more and if I run out of room I will bust out the nano and use that for a grow out tank. Below are some pictures of the current zoas more to come soon.

Bam Bam Zoa    4-30-18.JPG

Chuckies Bride Zoa 4-30-18.JPG

Pink Hydra Zombie 4-30-18.JPG

Rasta Zoa          4-30-18.PNG

Whysosalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone, I am still fairly new to the hobby. But I have grown to love and really enjoy this hobby, and have developed a dream to have my very own zoanthid garden, where I can grow, sell and trade with others in this hobby.

My starter tank was a 10 gallon nano, but i quickly upgraded to a bigger tank. I now have a 25 gallon lagoon from Innovative Marine.(only because I am in an apartment for the time being) I have two ai prime lights giving light to my tank, a ghost protein skimmer. I have a cobalt heater. With two media basket inserts. The inhabitants of my tank are two Black Ocellaris Clownfish, sand sifting diamond gobi, 3 Mexican turbo sanils, a hand full of blue legs, 3 Lysmata wurdemann(cleaner shrimp), also have a RBT anemone. 2 palys: Devils aromor, and Rainbow Infusion Corbred. 9 different zoas; KO Nightmare, Magicians, Blue Hornets, Deep Freeze, Chuckies Bride, Rastas, Hydra Pink Zombies, Punk Rocker Cornbred, Bam Bams, I plan to collect more and if I run out of room I will bust out the nano and use that for a grow out tank. Below are some pictures of the current zoas more to come soon.

Bam Bam Zoa    4-30-18.JPG

Chuckies Bride Zoa 4-30-18.JPG

Pink Hydra Zombie 4-30-18.JPG

Rasta Zoa          4-30-18.PNG

Zoas look great by the way!!

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you running a skimmer for a zoa tank? They like dissolved organics!!

I run it just to be safe, it was given to me to use I wasn't going to turn it down, and to help cut down on over abundant organic material out of respect for my other inhabitants, when I get my strictly zoa tank I wont run a protein skimmer. Like I stated I'm still fairly new to the hobby. So I am always up to learn and hear pointers from anyone. I figured it helps and wasn't hurting anything that I could tell of.

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photos of the tank? :)

Right now I’m dealing with a trying to find the happy point for all the zoas. But these aren’t the best photos. Also cpschult are you saying I should try a few days without the protein skimmer on and see how they do?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back