powers2001

started reefing 1999
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Hello and welcome to R2R, @madison.kn . Glad you joined us!! Good luck with the 125 gallon.

slurpeee76

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I just got my first saltwater tank, a 125gal! It’s so intimidating and overwhelming at first, but with some helpful people on Reddit, I found my way here! I’m excited to learn more about starting up and maintaining a reef tank! I’ve kept only freshwater tanks for years, so I have a long ways to go in the knowledge department haha! Any beginner reef tank start up advice would be greatly appreciated!
my first tank was a 240g - it was intimidating as well but i had a great servicer and learned a lot here. good luck!

AquaCave Logo Banner

Fish Think Pink

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I just got my first saltwater tank, a 125gal! It’s so intimidating and overwhelming at first, but with some helpful people on Reddit, I found my way here! I’m excited to learn more about starting up and maintaining a reef tank! I’ve kept only freshwater tanks for years, so I have a long ways to go in the knowledge department haha! Any beginner reef tank start up advice would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

World Wide Corals

Is there such a thing as an "easy" acro?

• YES (tell us about it in the thread)

Votes: 97 43.9%
  • NO

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 71 32.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.4%
Inkbird