0   0   0
6983C5AA-CADB-41CC-8A1C-83EF7F4F4DC0.gif

slurpeee76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first saltwater tank, a 125gal! It’s so intimidating and overwhelming at first, but with some helpful people on Reddit, I found my way here! I’m excited to learn more about starting up and maintaining a reef tank! I’ve kept only freshwater tanks for years, so I have a long ways to go in the knowledge department haha! Any beginner reef tank start up advice would be greatly appreciated!
my first tank was a 240g - it was intimidating as well but i had a great servicer and learned a lot here. good luck!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first saltwater tank, a 125gal! It’s so intimidating and overwhelming at first, but with some helpful people on Reddit, I found my way here! I’m excited to learn more about starting up and maintaining a reef tank! I’ve kept only freshwater tanks for years, so I have a long ways to go in the knowledge department haha! Any beginner reef tank start up advice would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Pacmtg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Great size to start with! Your previous freshwater experience will be helpful. I recommend reading the member tank builds forum to help with planning your tank. I’ve made many mistakes buying fish and coral ad hoc only to learn they were incompatible, grow too fast, or are not as forgiving when I fail to keep up with maintenance. Enjoy the hobby and the learning process!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back