OP
OP
P

pixelhustler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Sturdy" is a meaningless adjective when describing electrical circuits. "Fail-safe" is near impossible to determine without having schematics (from manufacturer or reverse engineered).
You can go find his posts on this forum. He “upgrades” the common points of failure with better components, which he explains at length. Don’t need to prove my point with semantics as this is not an electrical engineering forum. The large amount of failures on the EB832 prove that point.

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can go find his posts on this forum. He “upgrades” the common points of failure with better components, which he explains at length. Don’t need to prove my point with semantics as this is not an electrical engineering forum. The large amount of failures on the EB832 prove that point.

All I was saying was that I wouldn’t go to a neurosurgeon for open heart surgery.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is that the switch mode supply has capacitors that are failing. A few years back a employee of Matsushita stole their recipe for the electrolyte in the caps. Smartly they had left out a key ingredient in the recipe. So the recipe they took to another company would fail after a few years of use. They were failing in almost everything for several years. Of coarse that was years ago. They are still a high failure item in the switch mode supplies even with the 105 degree caps.

xtianGEO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ha! Me too. I am slowly transitioning away from Apex. Don't get me wrong, it's still a major brand in reef automation, but lately, their appeal to hobbyists has morphed into something resembling a corporate trash monster. In fact, what pushed me over the edge was a faulty DOS that emptied a bottle of AFR for some weird reason. It took days of water changes to finally stabilize the parameters and get the rocks to stop leeching

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! Me too. I am slowly transitioning away from Apex. Don't get me wrong, it's still a major brand in reef automation, but lately, their appeal to hobbyists has morphed into something resembling a corporate trash monster. In fact, what pushed me over the edge was a faulty DOS that emptied a bottle of AFR for some weird reason. It took days of water changes to finally stabilize the parameters and get the rocks to stop leeching
No matter what system you use limit the amount of what you dose in the reservoir especially to begin with. The most I have at any one time is 400ml of AFR. That is still a lot compared to what is dosed in a day which is a little over 40ml. I also mix it half strength.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back