The tale of a newb, a sump and a Glasscage.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi i got bumped off somehow,back now,do not think normal for bubbles at that part of skimmer ,as said poss reset :rolleyes:"i know"that union see if that helps,if not track down exactly where coming from,poss pinhole defect??no looking again it is coming from pump union almost100%

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi i got bumped off somehow,back now,do not think normal for bubbles at that part of skimmer ,as said poss reset :rolleyes:"i know"that union see if that helps,if not track down exactly where coming from,poss pinhole defect??no looking again it is coming from pump union almost100%
Yes, coming from connection from pump to union. It did have its o ring. I thought maybe to loose, I tightened. I though maybe to tight, I loosened. Still bubbles, I tighten again, still bubbles. That was all day one of set up.

I’ll take it apart again later today and put back together. Thank for the advice!

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? Curious how the varios6 without the guards are working for you?
Thanks for the curiosity. No issues at all with the various with no guards. I had plenty of other newb issues! lol. Letting ATO run dry, not emptying the ATS often enough (or skimmer for that matter). Dang filter socks! They are useful, but cleaning sucks, and letting them get to dirty and replacing is getting expensive. My bio load (or feeding) is high. And my wife tends to open curtains letting to much day light in, I am battling hair algae, but it’s my own fault (not frequent enough water changes and I really need to clean the ATS and skimmer out every other day). Holidays (and life) got busy, so after tank was up I slowed down a little to much.

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the curiosity. No issues at all with the various with no guards. I had plenty of other newb issues! lol. Letting ATO run dry, not emptying the ATS often enough (or skimmer for that matter). Dang filter socks! They are useful, but cleaning sucks, and letting them get to dirty and replacing is getting expensive. My bio load (or feeding) is high. And my wife tends to open curtains letting to much day light in, I am battling hair algae, but it’s my own fault (not frequent enough water changes and I really need to clean the ATS and skimmer out every other day). Holidays (and life) got busy, so after tank was up I slowed down a little to much.

Thanks for the quick update. Yea I hear ya. I am setting up a similar tank/sump combo as yours and I expect to make some of the same mistakes you are making haha. It's part of the process until we can all figure out how to tune things to be sustainable. Your setup looks awesome, I look forward to seeing more!

Back