swebb

swebb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following.

i sense a pixar movie in the making
I hope you already sent this to a producer!
I wish I knew one. Maybe if my roommates and I get bored enough we will try to make a live-action movie.
I feel like going home and treating my crabs to some extra scraps tonight.
I promise that I treat my hermits better than what happens in this story.
sebastian i was thinking
Eventually, you will find his name. I am going to try to leave hints. Thanks for all of the support. I have gotten started on Wayfarer and hopefully, it will be done soon.

OP
OP
swebb

swebb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The others were as stunned as me. We were alone even though we were together. We were lost. Fortunately, he was there. The large red hermit crab delivered us back to reality. He made me feel safe, and I knew that I was going to follow him. He introduced himself as Chiron and urged us to start scaling the wall. I counted us to be a party of six. We ascended the wall in a line, I attempted to initiate small talk with those around me, but the calls were unacknowledged. Fish drifted by us slowing the climb, but we remained unseen. I finally mustered the courage to look back from where we came. Survivors radiated out in every direction spawning a sadistic star. Some lingered. Confused. Looking for friends in empty shells. I saw the red striped beast tearing unlucky ones apart, and I wished to never cross its path again.

As the sheer face of the rock subsided into a rolling hill, we began to see a plethora of wildlife. Amphipods hopped across the rock work, collected any algae they could find. Various copepods scattered with every step we took. We journeyed through a forest of tree coral with no obvious direction. It was not until we set up camp under the waving coral did I speak to the others.

There was Nereus and Kevin, the bright green hermits. They claimed to not know one another, but a shared sense of courage and curiosity could make their actions almost indistinguishable from one another. The remainder of our group was female. Salacia was an orange hermit who was old and wise. She claimed that only some fish were killers and rarely reacted when one passed. I was not as foolhardy. The final member of our party was Bubbles, a blue-legged hermit who kept to herself.

As the three suns went out, the blue sunset evoked a whimsical glow to the world. Under this glow, I finally noticed how beautiful Bubbles was. Even so, it was an eon before I was able to confront her about it. As my feelings grew, Chiron noticed. He helped as he always. He gave me a Mysis shrimp that he found in the rocks and sent us to scout ahead. She shared my feelings. Our band traveled for weeks exploring the strange world. We saw the fish almost daily, but we eluded them. My fledgling romance with shielded my eyes from the ever-present dangers.

Then, the food began to disappear. Chiron provided for us, even in places I thought devoid of it. I willfully ignored the hunger I faced as I did not want to leave my fantasy. As the famine persisted, others fared much worse than us. Eventually, we fell from Grace. A dying snail was our leap into the abyss. She tried in vain to flee, but Chiron toppled her. We gathered around tearing at her body as she retreated into her shell. As I pinched off chunks of soft flesh, my stomach was filled but another hunger was born. I wanted to ask the others for help, but I saw new darkness in their eyes. They had met the same fate I had.

We all ignored the feeling at first, justifying our actions through meeting our primal urges. Eventually, it caught up with us. We came across a giant clam easily four inches across. Chiron lead. We followed. We picked at the mantel. The beast retracted but we persisted. As we worked the ground trembled, but it was not enough to draw my focus. Chiron and Nereus perched themselves between the clam’s shell to reach deeper. With a quick scream, Nereus had vanished. My gaze darted around the sky looking for answers. I looked at Bubbles and she was frozen in fear. We all were. Except for Chiron, he was still focused on the clam, we tried to get his attention, but he was entranced with the clam. A shadow passed overhead and he was gone. He did not make a sound. I yelled for the others to run. As we rushed down the shell, a force tore me from the ground. I was weightless, suspended in the air looking down upon the world. Then I fell. I crashed into the sand. I called out to my friends. I could not find anyone. Hopelessly, I headed back to the clam as best I could.

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The others were as stunned as me. We were alone even though we were together. We were lost. Fortunately, he was there. The large red hermit crab delivered us back to reality. He made me feel safe, and I knew that I was going to follow him. He introduced himself as Chiron and urged us to start scaling the wall. I counted us to be a party of six. We ascended the wall in a line, I attempted to initiate small talk with those around me, but the calls were unacknowledged. Fish drifted by us slowing the climb, but we remained unseen. I finally mustered the courage to look back from where we came. Survivors radiated out in every direction spawning a sadistic star. Some lingered. Confused. Looking for friends in empty shells. I saw the red striped beast tearing unlucky ones apart, and I wished to never cross its path again.

As the sheer face of the rock subsided into a rolling hill, we began to see a plethora of wildlife. Amphipods hopped across the rock work, collected any algae they could find. Various copepods scattered with every step we took. We journeyed through a forest of tree coral with no obvious direction. It was not until we set up camp under the waving coral did I speak to the others.

There was Nereus and Kevin, the bright green hermits. They claimed to not know one another, but a shared sense of courage and curiosity could make their actions almost indistinguishable from one another. The remainder of our group was female. Salacia was an orange hermit who was old and wise. She claimed that only some fish were killers and rarely reacted when one passed. I was not as foolhardy. The final member of our party was Bubbles, a blue-legged hermit who kept to herself.

As the three suns went out, the blue sunset evoked a whimsical glow to the world. Under this glow, I finally noticed how beautiful Bubbles was. Even so, it was an eon before I was able to confront her about it. As my feelings grew, Chiron noticed. He helped as he always. He gave me a Mysis shrimp that he found in the rocks and sent us to scout ahead. She shared my feelings. Our band traveled for weeks exploring the strange world. We saw the fish almost daily, but we eluded them. My fledgling romance with shielded my eyes from the ever-present dangers.

Then, the food began to disappear. Chiron provided for us, even in places I thought devoid of it. I willfully ignored the hunger I faced as I did not want to leave my fantasy. As the famine persisted, others fared much worse than us. Eventually, we fell from Grace. A dying snail was our leap into the abyss. She tried in vain to flee, but Chiron toppled her. We gathered around tearing at her body as she retreated into her shell. As I pinched off chunks of soft flesh, my stomach was filled but another hunger was born. I wanted to ask the others for help, but I saw new darkness in their eyes. They had met the same fate I had.

We all ignored the feeling at first, justifying our actions through meeting our primal urges. Eventually, it caught up with us. We came across a giant clam easily four inches across. Chiron lead. We followed. We picked at the mantel. The beast retracted but we persisted. As we worked the ground trembled, but it was not enough to draw my focus. Chiron and Nereus perched themselves between the clam’s shell to reach deeper. With a quick scream, Nereus had vanished. My gaze darted around the sky looking for answers. I looked at Bubbles and she was frozen in fear. We all were. Except for Chiron, he was still focused on the clam, we tried to get his attention, but he was entranced with the clam. A shadow passed overhead and he was gone. He did not make a sound. I yelled for the others to run. As we rushed down the shell, a force tore me from the ground. I was weightless, suspended in the air looking down upon the world. Then I fell. I crashed into the sand. I called out to my friends. I could not find anyone. Hopelessly, I headed back to the clam as best I could.
WOWZA! When does chapter three come out? I LOVE THIS!

OP
OP
swebb

swebb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOWZA! When does chapter three come out? I LOVE THIS!
I am hoping to have it done at some point next week!

i forkin love the effort and imagination youre putting into this story.

not to mention the suspense
Thanks, it has been really fun to write.

Between this, some scotch, and a Prilosec, it’s going to be some interesting dreams tonight.
Sounds like a great night lol

"As the three suns went out, the blue sunset evoked a whimsical glow to the world."

Wow! That's an awesome sentence!

Love this !

I have a very pretty (and talented) blue legged female hermit actress who can play the love interest...just sayin :)
Thanks for noticing, I was having trouble coming up with a way to describe the blue of tank lights, and I already have some blue legged hermits coming to audition from reef cleaners in the mail.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping to have it done at some point next week!

Thanks, it has been really fun to write.

Sounds like a great night lol

Thanks for noticing, I was having trouble coming up with a way to describe the blue of tank lights, and I already have some blue legged hermits coming to audition from reef cleaners in the mail.

Awww, she'll be crushed. She's been trying so hard for her big break, lol.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back