The tank everybody said i couldn't do!!!

Ki113r1035

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20191015_184603.jpg

This tank is just a bit over a year old now... It is home to over 160 sticks, (lost count) and 2 carpet nems... I have a total of 5 losses, 4 of which were wild, to unknown reasons... I quit posting pretty much everywhere due to people telling me i can't do what ive obviously done.. Sticks immediatly after cycle, nems at 2 months and never slowed down.... Although i wouldn't recommend for newbies, this goes to show that if you test and keep stability, it's very possible with minimum loss.....

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20191015_184603.jpg

This tank is just a bit over a year old now... It is home to over 160 sticks, (lost count) and 2 carpet nems... I have a total of 5 losses, 4 of which were wild, to unknown reasons... I quit posting pretty much everywhere due to people telling me i can't do what ive obviously done.. Sticks immediatly after cycle, nems at 2 months and never slowed down.... Although i wouldn't recommend for newbies, this goes to show that if you test and keep stability, it's very possible with minimum loss.....
ive done the same heck. I put a nem in right after cycle when i first started mine. But you are right it’s all about stability

Last edited by a moderator:

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. Same with me. Tank is only 3 months but I got 5 GROWING sticks that I bought after a month and a bunch of euphyllias and Zola’s, a blue mandarin for 2 1/2 months and my water has been consistently in balance since day one. Just because other people’s experiences tell them a do or a don’t that’s THEIR system. I studied long before starting. Finally put together a list of equipment based on my tank goals and system design and everything people say are no nos I seem to be able to do(blue mandarin immediately and other things) pretty much I took everybody's opinions and facts from the hobby and my own situation became clear as day as far as what to do and how to set it up and it’s been all good ever since.
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

Last edited:

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is nice. Can not argue results. I have found in past new builds I have seen best growth earlier in the life span.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give everyone a chance. These folk here are great, but you are on a forum and people have different personalities.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take it for what its worth. If ya know what your doing go for it.
My tank is almost 4 months old with 11 fish and 30+ corals and everything is growing. Stability is the name of the game.
Hope ya hang around as your tank looks great!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20191015_184603.jpg

I think you showed what makes common sense - that indeed it can be done.. My question is -what will you do with all those coral once they really start to grow.

miamijaaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. +1 on stability being the key. There’s no magic number of months necessary to achieve it either, one of the greatest reef myths out there in my opinion. Leads to a false sense of security too, where reefers think that just because their reef is X months old everything they put into it will live and grow.

BUT it does take almost daily monitoring at the outset and there’s less room for error, but it can certainly be achieved, as you’ve proven. Well done.

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking killer!
Why did you wait 2 months before adding the Nem? reason I ask is my son and I are getting ready to start up our 75g and we will be transferring everything from our 29 gallon over to it....... I was planning to move the Nem over at the same time as the other coral and fish.....

Thanks,
Barnabie

Back