The tank that doesn't exist

KMCA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm just getting into the hobby and I found a Red Sea all in one tank on the cheap. Problem is despite the labels and everything else I can't find anything on a Red Sea 170D. I can find tons on the 170E which I'm guessing is the successor model. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but I'm looking at a built stand, a mostly unassembled tank... and small pieces I don't know where they go.

TL;DR
Does anyone happen to have a Red Sea 170D manual or experience with one?

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you misunderstood him. He says he has the 170D but can’t find the manual. Only the that he could find was for a 170E.
I did post that just before I fell asleep. :)

In any case, there's nothing in Red Sea's archives about this. I'd suggest contacting Red Sea, too, but they couldn't even tell me how to disassemble the canopy on my RSM250; I was told to go to a third party for help. I mean, really! For their own product!

I can understand not wanting to support a product line forever, but you'd think that they'd keep general information on hand for people with older products which are still being used.

OP
OP
KMCA

KMCA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a snapshot of the label? Also, have you tried contacting Red Sea directly to see if there's a manual?
I checked their website and also Google, to my surprise neither gave me results. For additional info, I picked it up used. The guy at my LFS couldn't find it online either. It's a lovely dual return system which adds a level of redundancy that certainly gives me peace of mind.

I did post that just before I fell asleep. :)

In any case, there's nothing in Red Sea's archives about this. I'd suggest contacting Red Sea, too, but they couldn't even tell me how to disassemble the canopy on my RSM250; I was told to go to a third party for help. I mean, really! For their own product!

I can understand not wanting to support a product line forever, but you'd think that they'd keep general information on hand for people with older products which are still being used.
I should have been more awake when I posted this to begin with, it's 130D (no clue why I wrote 170)

Attachments

• Tank Sticker.png
    Tank Sticker.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 24

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back