The thing a beaver builds to block water flow, England calling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You say darn, I say "The thing a beaver builds to block water flow", same meaning, different continent, why the heck (hell, checking) is that a naughty word or are you that puritanical as a team?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing a beaver builds to block water flow is a dam. Which isnt blocked by the filter. Now dam with an N on the end, in the states where this site originates, is profanity and filtered out.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing a beaver builds to block water flow is a dam. Which isnt blocked by the filter. Now dam with an N on the end, in the states where this site originates, is profanity and filtered out.

Cool thanks, that is crap lost in translation as crap over here is a mild profanity!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we too easily offended and politically over-correct? Will we soon no longer have a healthy dialog because someone, somewhere will decide that a particular word is offensive?
It's not so much offended. Its the fact that we try to keep the site as family friendly as possible. We want users of all ages to be able to surf the site whether they're 10 or 110. So we have to try to keep it as clean as we can :) you wouldnt want a 10 year old reading words you dont want them to repeat ;) now a 110 year old, totally different story, I think its humorous when old people swear lol

Last edited by a moderator:

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a family friendly, a forum for all ages, and a location safe (meaning home or office) site is something we take very seriously. We also realize there are words you may not find offensive, but keeping the site user friendly for everyone is the goal. There are so many words in the English language, surely there is an alternative word you can use that isn't on our filter list to express yourself. That is all that is asked.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not so much offended. Its the fact that we try to keep the site as family friendly as possible. We want users of all ages to be able to surf the site whether they're 10 or 110. So we have to try to keep it as clean as we can :) you wouldnt want a 10 year old reading words you dont want them to repeat ;) now a 110 year old, totally different story, I think its humorous when old people swear lol

I might have found a loophole! Darnit!

Edit: nevermind. I failed. Good job to the tech

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a family friendly, a forum for all ages, and a location safe (meaning home or office) site is something we take very seriously. We also realize there are words you may not find offensive, but keeping the site user friendly for everyone is the goal. There are so many words in the English language, surely there is an alternative word you can use that isn't on our filter list to express yourself. That is all that is asked.

No harm no fowl guys, just saying, no one ever revisits this to change one word, "I cast ye into hell and eternal damnation"(notice the spelling), if your religious intolerance "family friendly" blocks a word I would use in front of any age of young people it is sad times!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No harm no fowl guys, just saying, no one ever revisits this to change one word, "I cast ye into hell and eternal damnation"(notice the spelling), if your religious intolerance "family friendly" blocks a word I would use in front of any age of young people it is sad times!

Oi I’m triggered

yPfz3GT.jpg

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're getting even for all those times I have been told, by a Brit, that I had a "brilliant" idea, and I actually thought that meant I was brilliant.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Whatever, enjoy you humor, and you wonder why I am not a contributor / funder / supporter.

said it as is - no filter - and that's how an honest dialog is formed.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i remember when i was in england and my friend said she was getting bog rolls from the store. i thought they were for dinner. not so much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back