The Unique Corals Grow Out Competition is here!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not understand as sponsors why they are ignoring this thread. They are still active (even yesterday), but seems you guys have been ghosted.
Nice colors you are getting out of that frag Dan.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Dan, how much par is your piece getting? I am wondering if my lack of colors could be due to light intensity.
Your gonna laugh. So it was at 1200-1400. Xr30s on my 2x5 100 gallon on AB+ at 100 percent. From ati t5's straight to xr30s at 100 percent for last year on my corals. Just got a par meter found out the top of my new tank was running at 1400-1500 and bottom 1000-1200.

Last weekend, I took 2 30s off line and lowered intensity to 50 percent. Now reading 450- 600 across the top and around 300-400 across the bottom. Feel like I'm getting more vibrant rich deep colors. And a less washed out only glows in blue effect.

I may put the other 2 back on. Just for a more blanket of light. It's only been a week. Here's a white shot. I'll grab a blue later.

15792871549348224822254870150987.jpg

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not understand as sponsors why they are ignoring this thread. They are still active (even yesterday), but seems you guys have been ghosted.
Nice colors you are getting out of that frag Dan.
Thank you!

I think it more nutrients than anything. Of corse the main stuff. But mag, aminos, and coral food always get left out of talk.

Lot of people like to add poison to there tanks now days (phosphate, nitrate, who knows what else). I prefer to just add more food for that adjustment.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Unique Corals, so not as many signed up that you hoped for. what the heck!!??

Let's not hide under a rock, and be grown ups about this.

Really want to lose face over a little contest.

You are supposed to be high end?

This is bad. Say someone looking to spend 100k+ on a custom build and they run across this, and rethink that purchase.

Times may be good now. There's always an economy correction. People remember this small stuff.

Cowards as of now in my book.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s still missing a few months for the competition to end before making assumptions.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No assumptions. We've all kinda extended our feelers. Been patient. Nothing. They started with us, and now wont show there face. Even when called out

As long as you all follow the competition rules I don’t see any reason to be worried, things could change if anyone gets disqualified for not following it up though.

Salthead007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your gonna laugh. So it was at 1200-1400. Xr30s on my 2x5 100 gallon on AB+ at 100 percent. From ati t5's straight to xr30s at 100 percent for last year on my corals. Just got a par meter found out the top of my new tank was running at 1400-1500 and bottom 1000-1200.

Last weekend, I took 2 30s off line and lowered intensity to 50 percent. Now reading 450- 600 across the top and around 300-400 across the bottom. Feel like I'm getting more vibrant rich deep colors. And a less washed out only glows in blue effect.

I may put the other 2 back on. Just for a more blanket of light. It's only been a week. Here's a white shot. I'll grab a blue later.

15792871549348224822254870150987.jpg

Wow, that’s a lot of light. I was worried with 360 par. I do agree with feeding heavier if No3, and Po4 drop. My system is a mixed reef. So I have to set lighting for soft, and stony corals. 600 par would scorch my leathers! Maybe if I adjusted them over 6 months. But they are doing well now. Think I have everything happy. So will leave it alone. Most of my SPS are still frags, as I lost all colonies when I moved. But the SPS are starting to gain momentum. As my nutrients have began to fall rapidly. So I have increased feeding, slowly. I always watch my yellows. If they begin to get a green iridescence to them, usually means nutrients are falling. That’s been my experience anyway. No doubt about it, your contest frag appears very happy!

As for Unique Corals, as long as they make good with the winners, I guess that’s all that matters. I was just really curious who was still in this, and maybe get a look at the frags they have of this coral. If they have any left. All the uncertainty is frustrating!

image.jpg

FTS no filter

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that’s a lot of light. I was worried with 360 par. I do agree with feeding heavier if No3, and Po4 drop. My system is a mixed reef. So I have to set lighting for soft, and stony corals. 600 par would scorch my leathers! Maybe if I adjusted them over 6 months. But they are doing well now. Think I have everything happy. So will leave it alone. Most of my SPS are still frags, as I lost all colonies when I moved. But the SPS are starting to gain momentum. As my nutrients have began to fall rapidly. So I have increased feeding, slowly. I always watch my yellows. If they begin to get a green iridescence to them, usually means nutrients are falling. That’s been my experience anyway. No doubt about it, your contest frag appears very happy!

As for Unique Corals, as long as they make good with the winners, I guess that’s all that matters. I was just really curious who was still in this, and maybe get a look at the frags they have of this coral. If they have any left. All the uncertainty is frustrating!

image.jpg

FTS no filter
Very nice.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to unique. But come on guys. Just want to know what's up?

Either way, its fun. I'll hold out to the end, if I can.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back