OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta be that guy and ask how much was it?

as @dantimdad mentioned they are pricey due to their limited availability and deep sea location in Pretoria, South Africa.

This is a great article and good read on reef builders.

Last edited:

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as @dantimdad mentioned they are pricey due to their limited availability and deep sea location in Pretoria, South Africa.

This is a great article and good read on reef builders.

Jake has a recent video (maybe October?) where he got one. Not sure if he still has it.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adorable! Is it a hybrid, I've never seen or heard of one before.

Kingii Apolemichthys angelfish related goldflake, flagfin, bandit, and Griffis angelfish.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish Update: It's lunch time!

Adam founder of Ocean Devotion knocked it out of the park! Tiger Angelfish eating well and super active first day out of the date.

I happen to catch a photo of him going in for the kill! LOL
Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 12.09.21 PM.png

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, can we timeshare a Tiger Angel? You pay for it and I’ll care for the maintenance of it in my tank LOL

Haha sounds like you have the perfect plan :) I get him on all holidays though and I'm adding it to the written agreement. :)

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish Update: 2 days of feedings with selcon, zoecon, and garlic. His appetizer is solid and now he’s had 4 solid meals. I now feel comfortable to add the first small dose of cupramine. My plan is ramp up the copper levels over the next 4 days until I hit therapeutic levels. After 7 days of copper and the tiger is accustom to the medication, I will then administer the first dose of General Cure and wait 5-7 days, then repeat. More pictures and video to come!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you treating for something that probably isn't there?

I believe you are just stressing the fish.

Observe for 30 days. If no signs of issues, then observe for 30 more and put it in the display.

If there are issues, then treat.

This is why we have super bugs that kill everything is we treat when there is no reason to treat.

You even state that you want to make sure he is accustom to the treatment. This means it could be harmful. no?

Sorry. Rant over.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea his site looks like an old angel fire one , nothing on how he quarantines his fish . Those are things I want to know . I'm not saying he doesnt do a good job or doesnt deliver good fish just need more information . Pretty good price on the rhomboid. Good luck with your fish , it's a beauty

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you treating for something that probably isn't there?

I believe you are just stressing the fish.

Observe for 30 days. If no signs of issues, then observe for 30 more and put it in the display.

If there are issues, then treat.

This is why we have super bugs that kill everything is we treat when there is no reason to treat.

You even state that you want to make sure he is accustom to the treatment. This means it could be harmful. no?

Sorry. Rant over.

I am firm believer in treating all fish regardless of symptoms due to parasite outbreaks in the past. I have taken the route of observation only and fish showed no symptoms during that period but ich was present in their gills. I had to remove all fish and go fallow to eradicate the parasite... I want to protect my livestock, I now run a completely parasite free display and want to keep it that way.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back