The Wait is Over! WWC Fish Direct is Live!! Get your Fish Now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You asked and we listened! Now you can shop fish on our website! Shop our amazing selection of fish, perfect for the beginner and the experienced reefer. All Saltwater fish will be covered by our 3-Day Guarantee.

Click on the button below to find your dream fish!

Shop Now!

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure about ‘one of the best selections of fish for the saltwater aquarium’.

I can only see one Goby and no Blennies on the website (so you don’t have me ‘covered’). And of the 4 pages of listings, more than 3 pages are sold out!
Seems like WWC is trying to do this the right way not the easy way. I’m sure if you reach out to them with exactly what you are looking for they will be able to take care of your needs. It’s a pretty new service for WWC so I’ll give em a chance before I start talking like that
Dance Off You Got Served GIF by Nickelodeon

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the QT process?
We are working on making our quarantine an acclimation process fully available. But we do recommend that these fishes are quarantined before adding to your tank.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure about ‘one of the best selections of fish for the saltwater aquarium’.

I can only see one Goby and no Blennies on the website (so you don’t have me ‘covered’). And of the 4 pages of listings, more than 3 pages are sold out!
This is still new to us and we are constantly uploading new listings, so if you visit our website now, you will see more listing available than before. Do keep in mind that we will be selling high end fish, which means that your more common Gobies and Blennies will not be available for sale.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is still new to us and we are constantly uploading new listings, so if you visit our website now, you will see more listing available than before. Do keep in mind that we will be selling high end fish, which means that your more common Gobies and Blennies will not be available for sale.

Ok, I'm sure that will be hugely popular and I wish you well with your new venture, however, your website states:

If you're new to the hobby or an experienced reefer, we've got you covered.​

If you're going for the high-end market, then maybe that statement isn't quite applicable. I was in the lookout for some 'low-end' fish, and from this statement I looked through your selection as I thought you might have something suitable for me. Alas, that appears not to be the case.

I'm sure those looking at the high end of the market will find some nice fish on your site though.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did I get ‘served’ exactly?
That’s how the kids put it these days
Ok, I'm sure that will be hugely popular and I wish you well with your new venture, however, your website states:

If you're going for the high-end market, then maybe that statement isn't quite applicable. I was in the lookout for some 'low-end' fish, and from this statement I looked through your selection as I thought you might have something suitable for me. Alas, that appears not to be the case.

I'm sure those looking at the high end of the market will find some nice fish on your site though.
Dude you sound silly. WWC is one of the premier saltwater shops they are gonna do this right. You whining about selection the first week they launch is funny. If you’re looking for a specific fish send WWC a private message don’t complain on an open forum.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High End fish does not mean hard to keep. You will find in our selection a variety of fishes that can be suitable for all stages of knowledge in the hobby.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can’t tell if this is a troll post or not. There are plenty of “high end” fish that are relatively easy (some that are down right simple) to keep. Pricing for a “high end” fish can be dictated by any number of things, including rarity in the aquarium hobby, difficulties in collecting, the location of origin, and so on. Yes, some of those fish will be extremely difficult and only for the most experienced reefers. But this doesn’t mean that there aren’t rare or difficult to source fish that would be extremely easy to care for and perfectly fine for someone with less experience.

From looking at the website, it seems they offer a variety of fish that are people are often looking for, but may have difficulty finding in stock at any given fish store they frequent on any given day they drop in. That is pretty neat, and could potentially benefit someone who’s local fish store carries a limit selection of livestock, or even people looking for a particular wrasse they love but cannot source.

Why would they - and I’m speaking from my own point of view - want to carry basic, incredibly common, and widely available fish (like most blennies and gobies, for example) that would be available at pretty much any local fish store?

If it’s not for you, that’s cool, man. Personally, I wont be likely to use this service, but that is because I live 20 minutes away from WWC’s winter park location and they usually have a pretty great selection in store for fish and I’d rather stop by the store. And that’s cool, too.

If you’re that upset about prices and the unavailability of blennies and gobies on their new service, stop by your local petco and they will have all the blennies and gobies you could want (or they will order one from quality marine for you).

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s how the kids put it these days

Dude you sound silly. WWC is one of the premier saltwater shops they are gonna do this right. You whining about selection the first week they launch is funny. If you’re looking for a specific fish send WWC a private message don’t complain on an open forum.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
WWC I placed an order for Chaetodon Meridithi from the site.
My question is are these fishes already in your possession?
Or as the name implies Fish Direct, shipped to us straight from Wholesaler? Your only the middlemen.

Thank you .looking forward in buying more.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can’t tell if this is a troll post or not. There are plenty of “high end” fish that are relatively easy (some that are down right simple) to keep. Pricing for a “high end” fish can be dictated by any number of things, including rarity in the aquarium hobby, difficulties in collecting, the location of origin, and so on. Yes, some of those fish will be extremely difficult and only for the most experienced reefers. But this doesn’t mean that there aren’t rare or difficult to source fish that would be extremely easy to care for and perfectly fine for someone with less experience.

From looking at the website, it seems they offer a variety of fish that are people are often looking for, but may have difficulty finding in stock at any given fish store they frequent on any given day they drop in. That is pretty neat, and could potentially benefit someone who’s local fish store carries a limit selection of livestock, or even people looking for a particular wrasse they love but cannot source.

Why would they - and I’m speaking from my own point of view - want to carry basic, incredibly common, and widely available fish (like most blennies and gobies, for example) that would be available at pretty much any local fish store?

If it’s not for you, that’s cool, man. Personally, I wont be likely to use this service, but that is because I live 20 minutes away from WWC’s winter park location and they usually have a pretty great selection in store for fish and I’d rather stop by the store. And that’s cool, too.

If you’re that upset about prices and the unavailability of blennies and gobies on their new service, stop by your local petco and they will have all the blennies and gobies you could want (or they will order one from quality marine for you).

Nope, not a troll post; It was just an observation.

At no point have I ever said that it's not a good service, or that they don't offer some very nice fish. I just said that they don't 'have me covered' as their website would suggest (and I was in need of buying fish, hence why I looked at the website). I don't have a LFS so I don't have access to the 'common, widely available fish'.

It's no problem, as I say it was just an observation, I can get what I want from somewhere else that does 'have me covered'.

I'm not posting here again; I have made my point, so it's now open season for everyone to jump in and tell me how wrong I am. Fire away.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got my Chaetodonplus Meridithi. It was shipped from CA facility but had WWC packaging and box. Very personalized and attention to detail as WWC always is.

It was packed with a lot of water enough for 10 fishes. That fish could have survived for week in bag. It was packed with delays taken into account.
Water was 1.019 salinity and 75 degrees. This is NY.

I say great job so far. This fish was also 200 dollars cheaper than saltwaterfish.com.

And no I am not friends with these guys. Haven't been offered a coupon. Neither trying to kiss their butt.
I was complaining with LA so it's only fair to give props when due.

I will post pics later. Gotta get to work.

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow sad to see I missed the yellow assessor..even though I need to wait until I move to purchase! Will drool over it for now. Very cool WWC offering a wide selection of fish now!

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You asked and we listened! Now you can shop fish on our website! Shop our amazing selection of fish, perfect for the beginner and the experienced reefer. All Saltwater fish will be covered by our 3-Day Guarantee.

Click on the button below to find your dream fish!

Shop Now!

Good for U guys... We need more reputable livestock (rather than just Coral) sellers in the hobby! Best of luck to WWC on the new direction

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back