The wife’s jbj 30 AIO

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
well, I’ve been in the hobby for many of years and never really taken a break. My wife has never really had much interest into my addiction to the saltwater world so I decided to build her, her very own reef and let her put what she wanted in it. It’s been running for about 3 months and I think she’s hooked lol. She wakes up and has to check on her coral and fish everyday and feeds them right when she gets home from work. I have to admit it’s pretty exciting. Now when we discuss anything coral wise she loves to talk about where she’s going next with the reef. At the last swap here In lansing she ended up spending more money then I did, I think someone addicted Bahahaha.

Below is the build:

OP
OP
BluTang85

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Traded some coral for the tank!

E35A05D9-2E62-40DA-AA63-02FD02A90808.jpeg

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I was just at that frag swap, get any good deals? Also I too am starting an jbj tank, but the 45 gallon one I got from preuss pet's, ever been there?

OP
OP
BluTang85

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Haha I was just at that frag swap, get any good deals? Also I too am starting an jbj tank, but the 45 gallon one I got from preuss pet's, ever been there?
Oh yes preuss pets is a wonderful place to stop at, we usually always stop there when we’re in town for the swap. My wife got all the goodies lol, I got a black widow blasto that I’ve been after for awhile. How about you.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IWOW! Looking at the steps I think I can do that! Even being a woamn! LOL. Just need a good saw! I see now how you join the ends with the caps or corner guards, or what ever they are called! I think I am going to build me one. Do you think a frag tank would be harder probably? IYou can get such good deals on tanks but not so much frag tanks! I got a 36 inch bowfront with the works even kights for 100.00 so many xtras, like 2 wave makers, reactor, sump, about 260.00 eshops protein skimmer unopened bottle of nopox, auto top off, 2 5 gallon jugs.. I know there is more. The lights re currents though so I am replacing and I talked him down from 400.00 haha. The add was buried back from months before plus the tank looked like crap in the pics it was so dirty and the back was painted grey, so I had to scrape off and repaint black and it looks brand new, its black wood as well!

Not as nice as the one you made though, I wanted to askif you like the photons or the hydra better. Considering 2 primes or one photon. Which has more color pop?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back