Theirs no place like home

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the aquascape .... I think we went a little safe on ours not knowing what we were doing. What are you running in your sump... I am considering a cheato refugium but right now still have the stock basket filter cloth/ phosguard/ Carbon ... what are the inhabitants in your tank are those Nems
Thanks, just checked out your video, looks good! I like your rock scape too. I need to read the advice you received. I'm not sure what all we have. Some hammers, neon green leather, mushrooms...All I can tell you is my wife will spot something she thinks is cool and she buys it. I can't keep up. The 2 rba's we have came from one of the lfs' here in town. They dug them out of the sump we bought both for 20.00 and they are growing fast. Started out about the size of a 50 cent piece. Phosguard/carbon and cheato in the bottom of the 2nd chamber with a cheap 10.00 led light taped to the back. Pretty ghetto but it's working.

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get the intank media basket and fuge basket then I will set up the refugium....
IMG_2280.JPG

I have one of these in back of my tank waiting for the baskets and cheato... do you put copepods in or will they appear

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We seeded the pods, it took a couple of bottles. We thought the fish cleaned them out, but now that we are Fishless we see them all over the tank. My wife found a place on eBay with good reviews and you get alot more for the money. I haven't tried them yet but plan to one I get my other build finished.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wrong our cheap light was 12.00

Real close to what you have.

Screenshot_20180423-202440.png

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using the stock basket, have it at the bottom of the 2nd chamber. Hopefully it will survive

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Overland Park myself. If anyone will want a chocolate chip starfish in about a month let me know. Right now it is helping my rock cycle but I won't be able to keep it. This guy is an absolute tank too and has survived a lot of abuse.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Overland Park myself. If anyone will want a chocolate chip starfish in about a month let me know. Right now it is helping my rock cycle but I won't be able to keep it. This guy is an absolute tank too and has survived a lot of abuse.
That's just up the street from where I am....ok a couple of hours away. I appreciate the offer on the star but he would eat what I have in the wife's tank and would be eaten by what's going in mine. Not sure if @James Hammett would be interested, he might be able to set something up for his class.

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just up the street from where I am....ok a couple of hours away. I appreciate the offer on the star but he would eat what I have in the wife's tank and would be eaten by what's going in mine. Not sure if @James Hammett would be interested, he might be able to set something up for his class.

Where is this? I am in Wichita but yes may be able to do something with that guy

Back