TheKingInYellow goes bare black bottom - 50g SPS dominant!

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheKingInYellow talking to the tank:

Tank - "You don't understand me! You'll never understand the way I feel!!"

King - thinking it's just a phase, it's just a phase.... it's just a phase....

Tank - "Ugggghhhh I hate you so much!!!! Prom is coming up and I'm covered in cyano!!!!"

King - "don't worry, it's just a phase, sweetie! You'll look great soon enough!"

Tank - runs upstairs and slams the door

King - goes to look at coral QT

OP
OP
TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be dealing with an aggressive Blenny. The Firefish is missing most of his dorsal spike and has a pretty clear bite mark on his back right behind the dorsal.

I've never heard of an aggressive Blenny and they are getting fed twice daily so I can't imagine he's starving. Thoughts?

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be dealing with an aggressive Blenny. The Firefish is missing most of his dorsal spike and has a pretty clear bite mark on his back right behind the dorsal.

I've never heard of an aggressive Blenny and they are getting fed twice daily so I can't imagine he's starving. Thoughts?
Well the blennys i had were not to be messed with.
The little one i have show his teeths when bothered.

OP
OP
TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well aggression in the display tank has gotten a bit out of hand. The Blue Margin wrasse has killed the Carpenter's and my Chalk Bass.

Can't say for certain but he's clearly the bully and those two took the brunt of it. He's chasing the damsel now.

I'll try and get him out this week and return him for credit :(

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well aggression in the display tank has gotten a bit out of hand. The Blue Margin wrasse has killed the Carpenter's and my Chalk Bass.

Can't say for certain but he's clearly the bully and those two took the brunt of it. He's chasing the damsel now.

I'll try and get him out this week and return him for credit :(
Dang man that's rough :( Best of luck catching the wrasse and getting him out of there.

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah dang! So sorry to hear about the heavy aggression! Did you get a chance to catch him over the weekend?

OP
OP
TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current tank status update!

The vicious deathwrasse has been successfully caught and returned to my LFS, and the Flametail Blenny and Firefish have finished their QT and moved up to the display. I thought I was done with stocking the tank but with both Wrasses and the Chalk Bass out of the display I'm back to shopping for fishy friends.

Corals are doing well in QT, the Euphilia especially. I wasn't able to change the plug on the Zoas and I saw a suspected Aiptasia on them so I trashed them. They didn't seem to like the flow and light level in the QT anyhow, and both are amped up in the display so not necessarily a huge loss. They have another 2-4 weeks before I move them up.

The Cyano has largely gone away and the diatom phase is in full swing. I've really not bothered with water changes. Between wetter skimming, the ATS and the Clarisea, water parameters are good and the sump is clean. I'll do a few in the next couple weeks since the corals will be moving up an the Nitrates remain a little high (15ish).

OP
OP
TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my lovelies!

IMG_20191130_151023_MP.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back