therman's 12 year old SPS system...top down shot, starting to enjoy this tank again

therman

View Badges
Reaction score
I am not good at sharing images of my tanks. I'm terrible at keeping glass clean. I really enjoy seeing corals grow out into healthy colonies from small frags.

On that note, this 36x36x18 tank was set up first in 2010, moved to a new house in 2012, and nearly crashed (due entirely to my neglect) in 2013. After the near crash it was consolidated into one system with an older SPS setup, and the whole thing has evolved into a sprawling ~730 gallons across 7 aquariums and a stock tank.

I tragically lost a stunning ~18" blue squamosa that I cherished at the start of this year, but that has freed up almost 1/4 of the tank to adjust the aquascape. I'm still not quite sure how exactly I want it laid out towards the back left, but I'm really liking the interplay of color and form of the Skinny Love/24k Leptoseris/Hawaiian Pocillopora combo through the middle. This shot is taken from the right side looking across towards the left side, so the front panel of the tank is the one in the left of the frame.

Enjoy :)

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Stunning to say the least. After seeing your for sale thread I went through your post hoping to find a thread on your but was sad to see there wasn't one. I am glad to finally see it happen!

OP
therman

therman

View Badges
Reaction score
Appears to be thriving and beautiful now. I can't even imagine losing an 18" Squamosa.
It was one of the most amazing critters I've ever had the pleasure of keeping. I traded Xenia for it in 2010, and grew it from about 3".

OP
therman

therman

View Badges
Reaction score
I'd put Xenia in my tank if I thought I could trade it for a clam. :) Thanks for posting the stunning clam pics.
I had 2 varieties grow out of cultured Fiji live rock I bought in 2006. That was the best LR I have ever seen...I had 2 sea hares, colonial tunicates, 2 types of Xenia, a Tubipora, and all kinds of other stuff come out of 10 lbs.

BigJohnny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Mama like. The BC skinny love on the 24k lepto is a sweet combo. I just mounted a bc houdini over a cc tangerine juice lepto and hope to achieve a similar result (although pink/purple not blue on the acro). Yellow/gold leptos are incredibly vibrant and striking, one of the most underrated corals imo.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Beautiful squammy!! Sorry you lost him! Tank looks great![QUOTE="therman, post: 5188732, member: 1983"]It was one of the most amazing critters I've ever had the pleasure of keeping. I traded Xenia for it in 2010, and grew it from about 3".

[/QUOTE]

Top Shelf Aquatics

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Beautiful squammy!! Sorry you lost him! Tank looks great![QUOTE="therman, post: 5188732, member: 1983"]It was one of the most amazing critters I've ever had the pleasure of keeping. I traded Xenia for it in 2010, and grew it from about 3".

[/QUOTE]

can we get pictures of some of the other 6 tanks???

sorry to hear about the clam. that clam was just epic

OP
therman

therman

View Badges
Reaction score
can we get pictures of some of the other 6 tanks???

sorry to hear about the clam. that clam was just epic[/QUOTE]

3 are just boring prop tanks like these I posted in my sale thread, one is 30 gallons of Chaetomorpha, and 2 more are quasi-display. I'll see what I can do with the new camera though.

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Super nice. I have a frag of skinny love and I hope it grows up to be as nice as yours.

https://www.omegasea.net/

Do you think you too much water testing takes a toll on you and your aquarium?

• Yes

Votes: 217 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 220 44.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 58 11.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Cultivated Reef
TCK Corals