therman's 12 year old SPS system...top down shot, starting to enjoy this tank again

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it is super frustrating to find expensive frags for sale and no photos anywhere of what they grow into. Usually either means they end up ugly or someone is just chopping up wild colonies and hyping them.
Well, I wish I could order such frags here in switzerland.
Its nearly impossible to get my hands on such Acros.

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it is super frustrating to find expensive frags for sale and no photos anywhere of what they grow into. Usually either means they end up ugly or someone is just chopping up wild colonies and hyping them.
That is great points you bring up. Some are notoriously difficult to keep and may do really well and just konk out.
I am sure most of us experienced that one that you just look at funny and it rtns overnight.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
...or the colonies are just blah and the frags only look good because they are zoomed way in. I appreciate the colony pics as well. Always have and always will.
Also proves that your system can grow them into colonies and you aren’t flipping frags of frags

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, and I also forgot to add that frags from colonies always seem to do better than frags from frags, at least in my experience. For certain, hobbyists that can make the jump from frags to colonies have at least evolved in their husbandry and skills as well, which also leads to better frags. In any case, keep up the good work.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning to frag Peng's Blue Monster soon?

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I will be at the LEAR swap in Strongsville, OH this Saturday. It has been too crazy for me to bring my usual selection for selling off the table, but if there are any requests from R2Rers that will be there I can clip them for you. Just shoot me a private message.

Debating bringing some Jawdropper frags to sell off the table since I have a bunch healed up again.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off your colonies look amazing !!! I love how you post pics without the oversaturated blue colors.

Question,that being said do you have any pics of the BC Magic Wand under blues,or is it nothing special ?

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tim,
Thank you for posting about your journey, your corals are superb, and photo skill are alot better than you give yourself credit for. I looked over the journal regarding your lighting, specifically the Photon V2, and how high do you mount them over the water line? Also, could you share your peak schedule for blues, white, violet, and red/greens? I just ordered the V2 32 pro, and wanted a baseline for a starting point. PAR isn't really necessary, but tank depth would also help :)
Thanks you very much!
Cheers :)

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
First off your colonies look amazing !!! I love how you post pics without the oversaturated blue colors.

Question,that being said do you have any pics of the BC Magic Wand under blues,or is it nothing special ?
Honestly that one doesn't do much under blues. Cream City Pinky is a similar but more colorful version and I may just purge the Magic Wand from my collection.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well...here comes another opportunity for me to make a fool of myself, live on YouTube this Thursday with Reefbum!

7pm Eastern

Start cooking up all the questions, comments, and insults you had after watching the first video and fire away :)

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...here comes another opportunity for me to make a fool of myself, live on YouTube this Thursday with Reefbum!

7pm Eastern

Start cooking up all the questions, comments, and insults you had after watching the first video and fire away :)

Really enjoyed the first video, looking forward to catching this one.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same! Looking forward to another reefbum interview with ya Tim.

New system up and running in a few months here, I know who to call for some more acro : )

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back