therman's 12 year old SPS system...top down shot, starting to enjoy this tank again

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This photo really isn't up to standards, but I'll add it as a placeholder.

RR End Game

Oddball coral that has impressed me. It reminds me of a Jawdropper colored nasuta. Haven't seen anyone post it besides the guy I got it from a few years ago. When happiest and you get some blue to come out in the tips it is really a looker:

IMG_7576.JPG

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This photo really isn't up to standards, but I'll add it as a placeholder.

RR End Game

Oddball coral that has impressed me. It reminds me of a Jawdropper colored nasuta. Haven't seen anyone post it besides the guy I got it from a few years ago. When happiest and you get some blue to come out in the tips it is really a looker:

IMG_7576.JPG
Nice Tim!
Man nasuta grow so slow for me, but really love them! Let me know if this one makes it to your FS thread ;)

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AMAZING tank and photos!!! I'm mainly replying to subscribe, but while I'm here do you happen to know your PAR numbers? I'll be honest, I haven't read the whole thread (yet) but I've been creeping my numbers up lately and seeing a very positive reaction from certain SPS like Pink Floyd and Walt Disney, and better growth on most SPS coral, but I'm still unsure what my target should be. I'm seeing allot of people running numbers like 600+ (not the 250-350 recommendation I see allot) with high light loving SPS like Tenuis and was curious where you are at because you have amazing color.

Whiskey

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
AMAZING tank and photos!!! I'm mainly replying to subscribe, but while I'm here do you happen to know your PAR numbers? I'll be honest, I haven't read the whole thread (yet) but I've been creeping my numbers up lately and seeing a very positive reaction from certain SPS like Pink Floyd and Walt Disney, and better growth on most SPS coral, but I'm still unsure what my target should be. I'm seeing allot of people running numbers like 600+ (not the 250-350 recommendation I see allot) with high light loving SPS like Tenuis and was curious where you are at because you have amazing color.

Whiskey
Most of mine are in the 350-500 range. 400 works well for most Acropora in my experience

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of mine are in the 350-500 range. 400 works well for most Acropora in my experience
Thank you Therman!! I've made it to page 17 of this thread so far, that's from around 2019. Amazing work! Next time I'm looking to place an order for some new sticks I'm going to hunt down this sale thread of yours.

Whiskey

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here's the link to the sale thread, so this one doesn't get cluttered with frag requests :)

mitten_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that endgame has some really unique colors, in the branch ends, I wouldn’t even know what color to call that but it’s nice.
I'm guessing you're referring to the "pearly white" section at the growth area, vs the blue-purple tips. That growth area also reminds me a lot of ORA pearlberry

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree, both of those corals are certainly unique in their fluorescence. As always, great pic man. You have a great taste for nice acropora.

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the link to the sale thread, so this one doesn't get cluttered with frag requests :)

Thank you!! I have a slammed month coming up but I love the way you show the mother colony like this. You will be my next order for sure.

I made it through the whole thread, it only took 17 days lol.

Whiskey

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back