therman's 12 year old SPS system...top down shot, starting to enjoy this tank again

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Something that looks a little like Northern Crush? Purple tips, goldish polyps and red highlights on the corallites:
P7261382.jpg

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently the shaggiest thing in the tanks...

BC Awarewolf :) Has some hidden blues and purples in there under all that shaggy goodness.
P9121455.jpg
s

Interesting mine gets purple tips along with yellow . I love this one more than RR Wolverine for sure.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
At long last, BC Bleeding Tree v1! I think it took us 5 years to figure out they were different haha

More deeply saturated red and green, and less branchy growth (in a colony) than the v2. In my system v1 has matured into more of an abrotanoides-like coral, with super thick (1"+ at the base) vertical tapering branches, and big sharp protruding tubular corallites in the new growth that are fairly widely spaced. New growth is long, smooth, and mainly white as it extends horizontally, then curves upward and the color and corallites fill in.

Both v1 and v2 are really awesome corals and I don't know of any widely propagated Acropora that are similar in morphology to either of them.
P9121488.jpg

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 50 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.7%
Back