therman's 12 year old SPS system...top down shot, starting to enjoy this tank again

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so that settles that, correct? can we get back to some acros now?! and where were all of these acros that are now just coming out of the wood work, tim?!

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what was done to it:
-I didn't touch the saturation
-I tried to dial back the blue and the green
-I sharpened it a little
-I adjusted the highlights to try to compensate for overexposed white in the new growth tips

I am pretty good at growing corals, and I never claimed to be good at photography. I use outdated Apple Photos to process the images that come off of my underwater point and shoot camera when I turn the dial to the little fishy icon.

Just trying to show people some corals that are not easy to find photos of online and put them in one searchable place. Take it or leave it please.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-9-50-12-AM.png

What camera are you using? Are you shooting in RAW? Odd that even the original image has the polyp "pop". Possibly due to the sharpening effect.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oversaturated, undersaturated or not saturated at all I don’t think it matters. These colony pics are great as it’s hard to get close up shots of Tank raised corals that aren’t just frags starting to turn into mini colonies. I got a pack from Tim that was amazing (unfortunately a 3 week vacation caused a mini crash and many didn’t make it) but I plan on getting more at fragenstein this fall as the tank has been doing amazing since the crash (knocking on wood aka my head)

Keep up the photos as they are great

Len

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll chime in too.....after all the other photos on the interweb I've seen I have absolutely no problems with yours Tim. It is just really nice to see what these nubs we all buy will look like when they grow up. There were very few people who grow them out instead of fragging them to death before posting photos. Now there's one more, and a good one too!

Bugsy_Barboza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This "oversaturated" thread has become my favorite thread on r2r. Whatever you did to "oversaturate" that jf solar flare you sent me, please do it again for my next pack some how its still "oversaturated" in my tank as well. Thanks for sharing the pics Tim. Ill pm you soon.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok, teaser time. This one looks like it will be called CC Blood Moon. I won't have any frags soon but I think they might release a frag in the coming weeks :D

And quickly becoming one of my favorites, a no name spathulata with yellow base, blood red polyps, and purple tips. Dont ask for frags :p

P9121505.jpg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, teaser time. This one looks like it will be called CC Blood Moon. I won't have any frags soon but I think they might release a frag in the coming weeks :D

very nice I’m really liking the old school look of red corals. While some of these newer corals look amazing under high blues, red corals just look great under more daylight lighting.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
very nice I’m really liking the old school look of red corals. While some of these newer corals look amazing under high blues, red corals just look great under more daylight lighting.

For sure this is a daylight stunner with red, purple, and yellow

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

That Spath is looking good Tim!

Do I see the one you got from me below it to the left?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update with an old photo *shaking head*. Looks like you fragged it often, I love how you can see all the pink polyps on the base.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 156 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 35.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.5%
Back