therman's 12 year old SPS system...top down shot, starting to enjoy this tank again

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any of Snajay's wrecking ball?

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Do you have any of Snajay's wrecking ball?

No, had a frag on its way once and it got in a bad car accident...

I suspect the Bleeding Tree v1 is very similar, super thick spiny abrotanoides/robusta type. Until someone puts in the years to grow them out side by side and see how the growth forms line up, the world may never know :)

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
After some impressive persistence and patience from @ReefBum , he finally has me on the hook for a live YouTube chat this Sunday at 7pm. Prepare to witness my mental and physical salt creep on display for all the world to see...

https://youtu.be/jV_FQ2QjHVY

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some impressive persistence and patience from @ReefBum , he finally has me on the hook for a live YouTube chat this Sunday at 7pm. Prepare to witness my mental and physical salt creep on display for all the world to see...

This is awesome!! Can't wait for this one! Got my calendar set.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
im in.. whats the topics

Your guess is as good as mine! Haha...I'm assuming reef tanks, but maybe it is about how excited I am for the new season of the Mandalorian. Not sure if you can ask questions in real time or not, @ReefBum ?

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your guess is as good as mine! Haha...I'm assuming reef tanks, but maybe it is about how excited I am for the new season of the Mandalorian. Not sure if you can ask questions in real time or not, @ReefBum ?
Maybe get a quick tour live of the thriving reef where I get to steal frags from ya on occasions. Like I just did haha

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Yes, real time........................ I'd recommend reefers go watch some of his past videos. Keith has some great guests and some very good info.

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am psyched to have Tim on the show! I have many questions to pepper him with about how he likes to run a reef tank and how he has achieved success with SPS. And yes, questions in real-time from the live audience are welcome!

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, real time........................ I'd recommend reefers go watch some of his past videos. Keith has some great guests and some very good info.
Thanks Ed! I really appreciate those very kind words from such an accomplished reef keeper as yourself.

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nice orange and green table from @Battlecorals hiding behind TCK Pikachu :) Adam does this one have a name?
P7171226.jpg
Did you ever find a name for this one?

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not good at sharing images of my tanks. I'm terrible at keeping glass clean. I really enjoy seeing corals grow out into healthy colonies from small frags.

On that note, this 36x36x18 tank was set up first in 2010, moved to a new house in 2012, and nearly crashed (due entirely to my neglect) in 2013. After the near crash it was consolidated into one system with an older SPS setup, and the whole thing has evolved into a sprawling ~730 gallons across 7 aquariums and a stock tank.

I tragically lost a stunning ~18" blue squamosa that I cherished at the start of this year, but that has freed up almost 1/4 of the tank to adjust the aquascape. I'm still not quite sure how exactly I want it laid out towards the back left, but I'm really liking the interplay of color and form of the Skinny Love/24k Leptoseris/Hawaiian Pocillopora combo through the middle. This shot is taken from the right side looking across towards the left side, so the front panel of the tank is the one in the left of the frame.

Enjoy :)

IMG_2394.jpg
Sorry for your loss! That was one lovely clam.

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dang, how many carrots had to be offered before THAT bunny ventured out of his hole lol.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back