therman's 12 year old SPS system...top down shot, starting to enjoy this tank again

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You know Sandy family is in Toledo so I get to Ohio pretty much, I may have to stop over sometime. Carlos asked me if I could stop sometime and bring him some stuff back too when I am out there. Ever hear much from Phil anymore? I live close to him and have not heard from him in a while. I do not know if you heard they had to move. The city put a bypass right through their yard.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You know Sandy family is in Toledo so I get to Ohio pretty much, I may have to stop over sometime. Carlos asked me if I could stop sometime and bring him some stuff back too when I am out there. Ever hear much from Phil anymore? I live close to him and have not heard from him in a while. I do not know if you heard they had to move. The city put a bypass right through their yard.
Ugh! No I didnt hear that about Phil, that sucks. I see his posts on FB but havent had much communication with him recently. Shoot me a message once all this 2020 style garbage is past us!

Jtimbs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I see new ones everyday it seems, that knocks another off in my prime spots, right now I'm going with red devil nasuta, wd, pink floyd, bc dog boy clathrata, voodoo majick, bc aquatic man and jf Fox flame.. trying to use all different colors and as little color or type redundance as possibl. My last addition and front and center I think will be homewrecker or jolt but now I may consider skinny love too
I'd love to see what and other big timers can do with a nano like a 40b

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah I see new ones everyday it seems, that knocks another off in my prime spots, right now I'm going with red devil nasuta, wd, pink floyd, bc dog boy clathrata, voodoo majick, bc aquatic man and jf Fox flame.. trying to use all different colors and as little color or type redundance as possibl. My last addition and front and center I think will be homewrecker or jolt but now I may consider skinny love too
Yeah I would definitely work some blues,purples, and greens into that mix. Very heavy on the reds/oranges/yellows.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Another one in the “quick and dirty phone shot” category, but I had to share a Moorish Idol photobomb :)

RMF Ice Age granulosa
448EC220-5B7B-477F-8192-5CE5074D7411.jpeg

This one grew great for me at 300-350 PAR but had zero blue, to the point that I even wondered if I had the right coral. Moved up to a spot at 500 a couple of weeks ago and the color has really blossomed :)

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Does the Moorish Idol eat any coral?
Loves Homewrecker, but most of the other things in there tolerate his nipping or must not taste good. Finally had to remove the HW after about 3 cycles of tips chewed off and recovery.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is a cool one I've been sitting on for a while... "Hell on Earth"

Kind of like a skinnier, smoother Fox Flame but with more colorful undertones going on in the base. Super intense yellow tips:
P8241976.jpeg

P2152147.jpeg
That's a beauty!!

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not good at sharing images of my tanks. I'm terrible at keeping glass clean. I really enjoy seeing corals grow out into healthy colonies from small frags.

On that note, this 36x36x18 tank was set up first in 2010, moved to a new house in 2012, and nearly crashed (due entirely to my neglect) in 2013. After the near crash it was consolidated into one system with an older SPS setup, and the whole thing has evolved into a sprawling ~730 gallons across 7 aquariums and a stock tank.

I tragically lost a stunning ~18" blue squamosa that I cherished at the start of this year, but that has freed up almost 1/4 of the tank to adjust the aquascape. I'm still not quite sure how exactly I want it laid out towards the back left, but I'm really liking the interplay of color and form of the Skinny Love/24k Leptoseris/Hawaiian Pocillopora combo through the middle. This shot is taken from the right side looking across towards the left side, so the front panel of the tank is the one in the left of the frame.

Enjoy :)

IMG_2394.jpg
That is awesome maybe one day I will get there.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back