Thermos Swap: When's the last time you traded frags with someone locally or via mail?

When is the last time you traded frags with someone either locally or via shipping service?

• Days ago

Votes: 75 12.3%
  • Weeks ago

Votes: 83 13.6%
  • Several months ago

Votes: 46 7.5%
  • Over 6 months

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • Over a year

Votes: 39 6.4%
  • Several years

Votes: 55 9.0%
  • Never Traded

Votes: 294 48.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 0.7%

• Total voters

JonoB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to stir up some trading interest in our local reef scene. I don't have a ton of high end stuff to offer, but I think it's a great way for newer people to get coral. I'm also way more likely to just give frags of stuff like GSP away when I'm meeting new reefers through trading.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love trading/buying locally! Usually saves me tons of heartache/headache!

Actually just recently snagged a ton of pieces from a fellow reefer who just wanted them out of the tank..

DONT MIND IF I DO!
gus sorola money GIF by Rooster Teeth

Thrashed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to trade as much as I can. I like high dollar corals, and my wallet is more like a flat beer budget. So I'm always trading bigger frags for small frags to grow out and frag to trade up again. People now a days try to trade even for dollar price and that don't work. For example I'm not trading a 8 polyp plug of House of Horror zoas for a single head gold torch because the price is hyped up right now. A trade to me is because you like the piece and can let it grow out to frag for something else later down the road

blooper01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it 3 times a few years ago and each time only received a tiny piece of LR with nothing on it. I sent Superman Zoo's each time.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mfinn
Those.ppe were.fire! Lol.
I used to get.coral.in the mail from chris baskins out on the penninsula... lol
Last.corals i traded... i paid $100 for a gigantic wild acro.from sierra.pets and split it with 2 other reefers. Kev and dave.
We all ended up losing it i think.
Lol....
D

stumpy1830

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to stir up some trading interest in our local reef scene. I don't have a ton of high end stuff to offer, but I think it's a great way for newer people to get coral. I'm also way more likely to just give frags of stuff like GSP away when I'm meeting new reefers through trading.
Just moved and lost all frags and live stock from a 30gl tank power supply's quit working moved from Yankton South Dakota to Chattanooga Tennessee starting over with a 90 gallon tank 60 days into cycle just put fish in yesterday would love to have some new corals

Attachments

• 16184031769516872648712366400589.jpg
    16184031769516872648712366400589.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 16184032150167472985828112382555.jpg
    16184032150167472985828112382555.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 16184032388304061728936133531446.jpg
    16184032388304061728936133531446.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any northern Tampa people (I live in Odessa) want/need a frag of some maroon monticap? Hit me up. I’ll trade for some other cheap sps frag OR if you don’t have any or are new to reefing I’ll give you a frag.

I also may have some Royal Blue Stag Horn frags. I’ll look when the lights come on to see if I can frag any yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've made a few trades in addition to frag sales. I personally love trading frags. I feel like I'm getting something for nothing because I still have all of the coral I did before (minus a small piece that will grow back) but get completely new coral to add to my tank. Working on setting up another trade now actually :)

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any northers Tampa (I live in Odessa) want/need a frag of some maroon monticap? Hit me up. I’ll trade for some other cheap sps frag OR if you don’t have any or are new to reefing I’ll give you a frag.

I also may have some Royal Blue Stag Horn frags. I’ll look when the lights come on to see if I can frag any yet.
I'm in Tallahassee. You're like 4 hrs away. But come summer I'll be passing through that area headed to Dunedin. Maybe then.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually try to give stuff away to local “budget” reefers and new reefers. I dont have a lot of high end stuff- but I also trade locally - gsp and Kenya tree is always free lol and palys too lol.

I’ve meet so many cool people that really hooked me up and I try to pay it forward. I was and am a budget reefer and I also know how excited I get to receive new corals. I get more excitement watching another reefer get excited then the few bucks I could make from my low end corals lol.
804CE480-E410-414C-AA47-A3C61859DE11.jpeg

Thrashed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get with you on some pieces. After I get done with this upgrade I’m going to be ready for some sps finally. I’ve been putting it off for over a year now but now I’ll have a tank big enough I won’t need to upgrade for a while

Julie kerley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish this was still commonplace. Many years ago i did it often. Dont really know many local reefers anymore. Signed up for local reef club recently to hopefully help that, but still not sure how much trading actually goes on.
I would love to trade. I am trying to get a new variety in my tank.

Julie kerley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve traded stuff in the past, but rarely do anymore. Lots of stuff being offered as trades I may have already or just may not want. That and then your getting pests potentially, so good dipping/quarantine practices should be used.
What do you have to trade? I live near Casa Grande and would be interested in a trade or buying a colony

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried to sell on line before, just really wanted money for supplies. Never wanted to make money off of this. I think trading is great idea if you can get the right people together. I have so many branches of bubble gum digi's and birds nests that I have run out of room. It just grows so fast. So, trading, unless it was some crazy colored SPS, then I'd make room, isn't great for me right now. I am actually pretty good at just giving right now. Shipping has gotten crazy and almost not worth it. if someone just showed up to take some, would definitely make it worth their time.

Slatkid96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would any one happen to have a beautiful Aneno
I would love to trade. I am trying to get a new variety in my tan
If any one has a nice beautiful/colorful Anemone I would love to by a frag. Message me and we can work something out.

Back