These white spots on my tang mean it’s happy...

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my baby used to be this cute yellow color. Healthy and ate well. I guess it ate too much and got some white spots. So that means this ich stuff is good right? This is an older pic when he was spot free.

juvenile pic

661F52D9-8530-4090-AA3E-302ADDF39ED0.jpeg

Then after tearing through hundreds of sheets of nori, pecking at rocks, beating a copperband to death, bullying blennies and swimming more laps than Michael Phelps , he decided it was time to get spots. So are these ich spots and do the stripes resemble velvet stripes? I guess I’ll carbon dose, drop alk to 7.8 and increase my photoperiod. I might even hold off on a water change until Halloween.

Adult pic

124902F4-9642-497F-A734-165982921B65.jpeg

Happy April 1st everyone.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sir. You need to start medication immediately and right after you post your parameters. I want to try and replicate your tang metamorphosis results.
#reefsquad

rugby league tackle GIF by NRL

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think the stripes are quite right for velvet but the only way to know for sure would be to send me the fish for observation ;Woot It’s a beauty!!

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dino-X -- you need to start Dino-X immediately. Then point a powerhead toward the BOTTOM of your tank! Also, stop taking pics in white lights...they are too easy to see. Retake your pics under 100% blue lights...I much prefer to guess at what I'm seeing!

Oh, I almost forgot...maybe a freshwater dip for 1-2 hours would also help with the fish's comfort.

If none of this works...then 100% sand rinse will definitely be the trick!

Good luck!

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dino-X -- you need to start Dino-X immediately. Then point a powerhead toward the BOTTOM of your tank! Also, stop taking pics in white lights...they are too easy to see. Retake your pics under 100% blue lights...I much prefer to guess at what I'm seeing!

Oh, I almost forgot...maybe a freshwater dip for 1-2 hours would also help with the fish's comfort.

If none of this works...then 100% sand rinse will definitely be the trick!

Good luck!
Thank god for this internet thing. Now... I don’t have sand so if I need to 100% rinse my sand and rip clean, should I just use my garden hose and wax on/wax off my glass?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main reason these spots occured is because you have cleaned a piece of equipment with tap water and forgot to rinse it in RODI water and let it sit out in the sun to dry for 3 days. A few drops of tap water probably got into your tank!

Sorry, but your tank is toast...either break it down and start over, or move on to a hobby that is more inclined to morons.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main reason these spots occured is because you have cleaned a piece of equipment with tap water and forgot to rinse it in RODI water and let it sit out in the sun to dry for 3 days. A few drops of tap water probably got into your tank!

Sorry, but your tank is toast...either break it down and start over, or move on to a hobby that is more inclined to morons.
Tough love is the best way to deal with these kinds of failures. Give no quarter!
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF
:rolleyes: ;)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.1%
Back