thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics!
For the lights, did the Multi-light RMS track bow down in the middle section? or is it straight across?
I can't tell with the pic since some cameras view differently. Great post!

Oh, it DEFINITELY bows down in the middle. Slightly annoying but I'm not too worried about it really. May see if I can come up with something to help support it a bit.

antrageous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, it DEFINITELY bows down in the middle. Slightly annoying but I'm not too worried about it really. May see if I can come up with something to help support it a bit.
Thanks luvmyacans! your build is going good. I like the clean look, keep it up! Looking forward to more updates.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great! Following!

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, it's been so long since I've provided an update.

The tank has actually been running really well with no algae issues or anything to really speak of at this point. (fingers crossed/kocks on wood)

I finally got the Algae Scrubber installed today, just to be a little proactive.

Right now I'm considering all of my non-essential plumbing and all of my wiring for my controller to be temporary while I get everything up and running. Then once I'm happy with everything, I'll get everything cleaned up and in it's final position.

Pics coming soon! Just picked up a Sony Alpha 7 with a Sony Macro lens and a tube from Avast!

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took this one in the frag tank earlier...

FiMfmwT.png

Forshurley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank and stand are sitting in the garage. They look absolutely amazing. Current plan is to get everything organized and move them down to the basement sometime in September.

Sump and tanks from Advanced Acrylics also arrived, John did a great job as usual!

I'm currently in the process of setting up the 2 AIO tanks that will be used for fish quarantine and coral quarantine while the big tank is getting set up and cycled. Initially everything will be dipped and observed, with any issues being treated as necessary. I have plenty of time to observe as summer comes to an end and prefer to not over-treat if it's not necessary.

NNZYqzx.jpg

I've also got 3 of the new acrylic filter socks on the way from John, looking forward to see how well these work compared to normal socks.

That sump looks like a tank!

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sump looks like a tank!
It's amazing. Just got some acrylic socks from John to match as well.

I'm going to start a new post at some point, but, I've actually got a new tank and sump on the way from AA for a growout/frag system.

Both will be Grey PVC + Acrylic with red glue.

60"x30"x16" tank and 48"x24"x15" sump.

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went hog wild and picked up a bunch of stuff on sale for the new frag system...

• Pax Bellum ARID N24 Macroalgae Reactor
  • Avast Seabones Calcium Reactor v2
  • 2 x Avast Kalk Stirrer
  • Avast Skimmate Locker
  • 2 x Radion XR30 G4 Pro's (no sale)
  • 6 buckets of Brightwell salt
  • 10lb Aluminum CO2 tank
  • CarbonDoser CO2 Regulator
  • Random other supplements, foods and tools

Now, I just need the tank, stank and sump!

Last edited:
OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed I put a giant 16" scratch down the side of the main tank with a magnetic frag rack when I moved it last night. It's deep and wide.

I'm at a loss for words right now.

Back