OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just pre-ordered two ReeFi LED Uno’s along with the tank mounts.
The pre-order is at $280.00 each instead of the regular price of $350.00 each. I’ve been wanting to upgrade my lighting but it hasn’t been in the budget. I absolutely love these lights and with Xmas coming up I’ll have some available cash and I’ll be able to sell the Radion XR15 gen 4 along with the mounting arm, the diffuser and the shade so this should end up being a cost neutral transaction for me once it’s all said and done. I tried to resist but for my needs and the introductory price for the lights and the mounts this was too good to pass up. Very excited for these to arrive in December.

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those lights look so nice, I think you will love them. A local had some of the bigger ones and saw them when at his house. Really look high quality and the color rendition was awesome. Can’t wait to see how they do for you!

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those lights look so nice, I think you will love them. A local had some of the bigger ones and saw them when at his house. Really look high quality and the color rendition was awesome. Can’t wait to see how they do for you!
Thanks Rob. I think they are going to be awesome. I’ve heard nothing but good things. I should have gone with two of the Radions from the beginning but now I’m glad I didn’t. I was going to find a used Radion to match what I have but I’d much rather have two new lights with 3 year warranties. At this price and for what I believe the quality is with ReeFi I think I’ve made a good decision. Can’t wait for them to get here.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Niiiice!

I dint really know anything about this lights but I've been seeing some chatter about them here on R2R.

Let us know how they work out for you.
EDIT

I already know you will keep us updated. :cool:

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed that my clownfish have spawned. I’m not sure if it’s the first time but it’s the first time I’ve noticed the behavior and seen them protecting eggs so there’s a good chance it is. Not unique or anything but it’s new for me.

Attachments

• CC9B2DFD-8F73-410B-9A5D-F2C9D84E4809.jpeg
    CC9B2DFD-8F73-410B-9A5D-F2C9D84E4809.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 46
  • D35AA6FC-E0B5-445F-A79A-06A4F0AB56FD.jpeg
    D35AA6FC-E0B5-445F-A79A-06A4F0AB56FD.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 0B4A3078-7CBF-455D-B976-5FDB3DFC1F0C.jpeg
    0B4A3078-7CBF-455D-B976-5FDB3DFC1F0C.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 903198BE-85E3-4F41-938B-2C2AEEEFA431.jpeg
    903198BE-85E3-4F41-938B-2C2AEEEFA431.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 48

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed that my clownfish have spawned. I’m not sure if it’s the first time but it’s the first time I’ve noticed the behavior and seen them protecting eggs so there’s a good chance it is. Not unique or anything but it’s new for me.

That's so awesome. I can't help but believe if you've got fish spawning you must be doing something right. My clownfish are eating my gorgonian. Not quite the same. :oops:

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's so awesome. I can't help but believe if you've got fish spawning you must be doing something right. My clownfish are eating my gorgonian. Not quite the same. :oops:
It’s doubtful I’m doing anything right, lol, the fish are probably just bored :D
I’ve never heard of clownfish eating a Gorg, that doesn’t sound good at all.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another contest? I just can't keep up! Good job with the clownfish man!
Yeah, I figured I’d give the contest a shot, why not. I’ve never actually won anything so it would definitely be a surprise to win.
As far as the clownfish go, it was kinda cool. I know they do it but I’d never seen it before. It’s interesting to watch the behavior. Now to see if they do it regularly.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I added a Tiger Conch, 2 Emerald Crabs and 10 Astraea Snails to bolster the CUC and try to beat back some of the hair algae. I didn’t take any pictures but just go with me on this, it happened :) Probably should have gone with even more of the snails but I guess that gives me an excuse to go back to the LFS. Almost got a Lettuce Nudibranch but decided not to because I think I’ve got too much flow and I didn’t want to risk it getting sucked into a wavemaker.
Thinking about putting in an order for a few Berghia from Salty Underground to work on my aiptasia issues but I’m a little worried about shipping in the cold weather.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if the conchs touch the hair - I have a couple persistent patches I would like to get rid of.
Will do, although I’m not expecting any help from the conch with the hair algae. I accidentally killed the last one I had by setting a rock down in top of it. It was trapped and died. There is some low lying rock covered in hair algae though so I’ll be interested to see if it goes there or not.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do, although I’m not expecting any help from the conch with the hair algae. I accidentally killed the last one I had by setting a rock down in top of it. It was trapped and died. There is some low lying rock covered in hair algae though so I’ll be interested to see if it goes there or not.

My conch actually really likes hair algae and will even climb up on the rocks to get it. Unfortunately he is a crappy climber so that still leaves the majority of the rock work out of his reach. Hopefully yours at least takes care of the stuff that's down low (or has a special knack for climbing!)

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My conch actually really likes hair algae and will even climb up on the rocks to get it. Unfortunately he is a crappy climber so that still leaves the majority of the rock work out of his reach. Hopefully yours at least takes care of the stuff that's down low (or has a special knack for climbing!)
Well that’s encouraging. I hope mine decides to like it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%
Back