TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking GOOD!
Thanks DJ, I feel like it’s looking pretty good lately. I seem to be making some progress with the algae. The two emerald crabs and the astrea snails I recently added are starting to pay some dividends. I think about 10 more astrea and I’ll be good. As soon as the weather gets better it’ll be time to order some Berghia Nudibranchs.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns are so weird. They have now decided that one patch of Zoas is not enough.
C90C5344-6A4E-460F-AB49-35335E0EC9EE.jpeg

75D03678-E859-4214-B441-148B45723B9F.jpeg

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow man, those zoas are really taking over, looks awesome.
Such a shame about the Uno lights, seems like it’s been so long.
Thanks Rob. The Zoas are doing well. I’m hoping that once the Unos show up that I can bring out a little more/different color in them. The nirvanas looked a lot different in the pictures I saw before I bought them and so did the Sakura Sunrises. Those have been the two fastest growers. They look ok now but I thought there would be more defined Patterns like with some of the others like the rastas. The Sunrises are supposed to have pink skirts but I’ve never seen them show pink. It’s all good though, I’m happy with them overall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per an email just now my Reefi Unos have been delayed again. I give credit to Daniel at Reefi, he provides detailed updates of what is/has happened but it’s frustrating to continue to wait. Probably not going to see them until March now due to transit delays. These things happen though, I’m not going to get all worked up about it.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per an email just now my Reefi Unos have been delayed again. I give credit to Daniel at Reefi, he provides detailed updates of what is/has happened but it’s frustrating to continue to wait. Probably not going to see them until March now due to transit delays. These things happen though, I’m not going to get all worked up about it.
You good cause I would be fired up!
You've already been waiting for a long time and now you have to wait even longer.

I feel for ya man.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You good cause I would be fired up!
You've already been waiting for a long time and now you have to wait even longer.

I feel for ya man.
Thanks. It sucks but I can wait. I have plenty of things to stress out about without getting all up in my feelings about a shipping delay. I waited 4 months to put fish in the tank after it first got wet, I can wait 4 months to change out my lights. Tank is doing well so l’ll just look at it and not worry about things that are out of my control.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update from Reefi. Now the Unos are shipping out on 1/30 with arrival at Port of Seattle set for 2/18. So it’s still looking like the beginning of March before I could reasonably expect to receive them.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update from Reefi. Now the Unos are shipping out on 1/30 with arrival at Port of Seattle set for 2/18. So it’s still looking like the beginning of March before I could reasonably expect to receive them.

At least February is a short month.
Your new lights will be up and in use in no time.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update from Reefi and it’s good news. The Unos made it onto the boat on the 30th so they should actually arrive in Seattle on the 18th. Fingers crossed for delivery soon after that. Not really sure how long it takes for stuff on container ships to clear customs.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update from Reefi and it’s good news. The Unos made it onto the boat on the 30th so they should actually arrive in Seattle on the 18th. Fingers crossed for delivery soon after that. Not really sure how long it takes for stuff on container ships to clear customs.
Good news about your lights for a change.
I'm happy for you.
I know you will be happier when you actually have them.

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, sorry you lighting saga is still ongoing - the end is in sight though, and your zoa/paly garden is coming along nicely!

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, sorry you lighting saga is still ongoing - the end is in sight though, and your zoa/paly garden is coming along nicely!
Thanks, the Zoas are doing well. A little too well in some cases, a couple are trying to grow off of their rocks which is a problem I somehow never expected to have. Unfortunately they are the Nivanas and the Sakura Sunrises which aren’t worth much so not really trade candidates. I’m sort of disappointed in the SS’s because they are supposed to be orange with pink skirts which was a unique look. I can’t get the pink to come out though. So they are just orange. Hoping the new lights will have a different effect on them. Maybe by this time next month they will be here.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased a naso, 2 yellow coris wrasses and a goldenhead goby since you were last on my build thread.

I lost the naso.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta say I’m pretty unimpressed with Cadlights right now. I ordered a PLS-50 elite II skimmer based on the solid reviews and some firsthand knowledge from others who have one. Cadlights has had some pretty bad customer service reviews in the past, mostly related to handling problems with their aquarium packages if I’m remembering that correctly. I knew this but I thought an off the shelf product like this skimmer would be fine. This is what they sent me.
C1554E01-E2DD-4878-84CD-E9FCC1A06F9B.jpeg
97FD2AF9-AA5D-4C8A-BF74-A99F7AF40D65.jpeg
E7D5680E-CC59-4D10-B63E-4F26D97D5E2D.jpeg
E5B454DE-D455-42B4-9052-CB9B0DCCBA63.jpeg
E41F957D-3109-4362-B214-8AE5EEF83E30.jpeg

This is not a newly packaged product, it’s obvious from the way the cords have been unwound and rewound that the box has been opened and the contents removed and then repacked. That’s how the styrofoam got inside the body of the skimmer. It’s further obvious that the the item was returned because the little piece of plastic tubing in the last picture broke off of the pump so the airline cannot be connected to the pump.

I sent a nice email to them on 2/2 with these same pictures and just said hey, I paid for a new skimmer, this isn’t a new skimmer and it’s broken, can I please have it swapped out. I received no response. I sent another slightly less nicely worded email a few days ago and again heard nothing. I’ve been busy with work and have either run out of time or just forgot to call them directly over the last 3 days. How hard is it to make and keep customers? Just pay attention to your email, handle problems quickly and do the right thing. It’s just not that hard if you actually care about your customers.

Cadlights customer service reputation is poor and I now have first hand experience with that sad fact. I’m not happy and since it’s Friday and I have been tied up all day I didn’t get a chance to call them so now I have to wait until Monday.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta say I’m pretty unimpressed with Cadlights right now. I ordered a PLS-50 elite II skimmer based on the solid reviews and some firsthand knowledge from others who have one. Cadlights has had some pretty bad customer service reviews in the past, mostly related to handling problems with their aquarium packages if I’m remembering that correctly. I knew this but I thought an off the shelf product like this skimmer would be fine. This is what they sent me.
C1554E01-E2DD-4878-84CD-E9FCC1A06F9B.jpeg
97FD2AF9-AA5D-4C8A-BF74-A99F7AF40D65.jpeg
E7D5680E-CC59-4D10-B63E-4F26D97D5E2D.jpeg
E5B454DE-D455-42B4-9052-CB9B0DCCBA63.jpeg
E41F957D-3109-4362-B214-8AE5EEF83E30.jpeg

This is not a newly packaged product, it’s obvious from the way the cords have been unwound and rewound that the box has been opened and the contents removed and then repacked. That’s how the styrofoam got inside the body of the skimmer. It’s further obvious that the the item was returned because the little piece of plastic tubing in the last picture broke off of the pump so the airline cannot be connected to the pump.

I sent a nice email to them on 2/2 with these same pictures and just said hey, I paid for a new skimmer, this isn’t a new skimmer and it’s broken, can I please have it swapped out. I received no response. I sent another slightly less nicely worded email a few days ago and again heard nothing. I’ve been busy with work and have either run out of time or just forgot to call them directly over the last 3 days. How hard is it to make and keep customers? Just pay attention to your email, handle problems quickly and do the right thing. It’s just not that hard if you actually care about your customers.

Cadlights customer service reputation is poor and I now have first hand experience with that sad fact. I’m not happy and since it’s Friday and I have been tied up all day I didn’t get a chance to call them so now I have to wait until Monday.
That sucks!

Is your old skimmer not doing what you need it to do?
You have an aquamaxx right?

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks!

Is your old skimmer not doing what you need it to do?
You have an aquamaxx right?
Yes, I have the Aquamaxx NF-1, the older one from 3 years ago. Got it free with my first Marine Depot order. When the IM Ghost skimmer failed I thought I’d give it a shot. It barely fits, you have to jam it down into the 2nd chamber. It does work but it’s small and isn’t adjustable except by raising or lowering the whole body. The Cadlights has a much larger collection cup and body but it will fit in the chamber without having to force it. It also has a better design that will keep the airline from kinking and a bigger pump. It seems perfect except for the fact that it’s broken and Cadlights can’t be bothered to help me. I used PayPal and if they don’t respond or answer my calls I’m going to try and get my money back. Hopefully Cadlights does the right thing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back