TheWB’s IM Lagoon 50

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have to go the PayPal route. They will give you a refund then you would just have to purchase again.

I wish you luck.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well l started my dispute with Cadlights through PayPal today. I sent three separate emails and tried calling them multiple times over the last two weeks. It’s not possible to leave them a message as their voicemail box is full every time. What terrible customer service. Trying to get this taken care of is becoming a full time job. I should have known better. I wish I lived in SoCal so I could show up at their location and rip somebody a new one. Looks like
Cadlights are owned by Mode Aquariums now. I wonder if they answer their phones?

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry you going through all this.
First the delay with your lights and now this.

I hope you get it resolved quick.
PayPal should be able to help you out.

Good luck buddy.

doh_nutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm bummed to hear the hassle you're going through with CADlights. I was really leaning towards them for my skimmer choice. But at the last minute decided to pull the trigger on the Icecap K1-50. I got it a couple days ago and like most, it definitely needs to go through a break in period with all the microbubbles.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry you going through all this.
First the delay with your lights and now this.

I hope you get it resolved quick.
PayPal should be able to help you out.

Good luck buddy.
Thanks DJ, I appreciate the support. The lights aren’t a big deal to me because even though they are late there has been communication and I know what’s going on. Cadlights is just flat out ignoring me or they are so shockingly bad at customer service that they don’t read emails or answer their phone which is just inexcusable.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm bummed to hear the hassle you're going through with CADlights. I was really leaning towards them for my skimmer choice. But at the last minute decided to pull the trigger on the Icecap K1-50. I got it a couple days ago and like most, it definitely needs to go through a break in period with all the microbubbles.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Obviously I should have gone with the IceCap as well. There were many things about this skimmer that I really liked though and I’d still like to have one that isn’t broken. Hopefully they extract their heads from their hindquarters and take care of me which is really all I ever wanted. This just isn’t that hard. Do they really think I’m going to just forget about it? That’s not happening.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you putting the K1-50 in one of the overflows? Its slightly too big to fit in the skimmer section. I’d have to get rid of my UV or relocate my algae scrubber to make that work. That’s why the Cadlights skimmer was so attractive to me, it’s fits in the right chamber so I wouldn’t have to change anything else about my setup.

doh_nutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you putting the K1-50 in one of the overflows? Its slightly too big to fit in the skimmer section. I’d have to get rid of my UV or relocate my algae scrubber to make that work. That’s why the Cadlights skimmer was so attractive to me, it’s fits in the right chamber so I wouldn’t have to change anything else about my setup.
Yes, it'll be taking up one of the overflow sections. I tend to over prepare sometimes just because I'm the type to "have it than need it". I also picked up an IM UV too but I'm not set on what I'll be running full time just yet. Skimmer or UV.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it'll be taking up one of the overflow sections. I tend to over prepare sometimes just because I'm the type to "have it than need it". I also picked up an IM UV too but I'm not set on what I'll be running full time just yet. Skimmer or UV.
I have been using both plus my cobbled together diy algae scrubber. I’ll probably try to back off some of the equipment at some point but I’ve never really had N and P totally under control so I need all the help I can get in the filtration department. I also have one of the IM media reactors but that never worked very well so I pulled it. No room for it anymore anyway.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reefi Unos are actually in America now, arrived at Port of Seattle on 2/20 if I’m remembering the email correctly. Close enough to run right over and pick them up but of course they are stuck in customs clearance. Shouldn’t be too much longer though, fingers crossed.

My frustration with Cadlights over my skimmer situation has boiled over. I’m officially disputing the charges through PayPal now. I did get a response finally, though PayPal from someone at Cadlights who apologized and promised me that they would never resell a returned unit. I asked for contact info so we could resolve the broken skimmer situation. They asked me to send pictures through PayPal which I did but they never gave me a phone number or email where someone could actually be reached. Have not heard from them since, it’s been 5 days and I have reached out 3 more times. I escalated again with PayPal and am supposed to hear from their resolution team within 5 days. I’m really hoping that this finally gets taken care of. If you are reading this, Do not do business with Cadlights or Mode Aquariums, they will take your money, send you repackaged junk, and ignore you when you ask them to make it right. They do not respond to their email and their phone always goes to a message that the mailbox is full. They are a massive disappointment.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PayPal will get you straight.

dang man, I'm real sorry they put you through all this nonsense. I'm sure a simple conversation would have taken care of the problem but if they refuse to communicate then they can't and/or won't take care of the problem.

It's sucks that a company would treat theif customers so badly.
It's like they don't want to be in business.

PayPal will get you straight though. Wait the allotted amount of time with them and they will give you your refund.

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheWB I hear the Reefi lights are nice. My buddy is running 2 Reefi Duo Extremes over his IM EXT 75 and he is loving it. I like how the lights bring out some really nice colors too that I have noticed on the Reefi lights.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PayPal will get you straight.

dang man, I'm real sorry they put you through all this nonsense. I'm sure a simple conversation would have taken care of the problem but if they refuse to communicate then they can't and/or won't take care of the problem.

It's sucks that a company would treat theif customers so badly.
It's like they don't want to be in business.

PayPal will get you straight though. Wait the allotted amount of time with them and they will give you your refund.
Thanks DJ, I sure hope PayPal can help me. This is my first time with any kind of dispute so no prior experience to draw on. I really just want a working skimmer. If that can happen then great. I sure don’t understand the lack of action from Cadlights. They definitely don’t care about their customers. I wanted a whole new skimmer because the one they sent had definitely been repackaged at minimum but I would have settled for a pump swap or even just the part of the pump that is broken, it’s probably way less than a $1.00 worth of plastic. Now anyone who searches Cadlights on this forum is going to see my thread and hopefully they don’t make the same mistake I did doing business with those crooks. It’s just not this hard to do the right thing.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheWB I hear the Reefi lights are nice. My buddy is running 2 Reefi Duo Extremes over his IM EXT 75 and he is loving it. I like how the lights bring out some really nice colors too that I have noticed on the Reefi lights.
I’m glad to hear your friend is happy with his Extremes. I have been thinking about a different lighting solution for a long time and when the Uno became available for preorder at a 20% discount I had to do it. The introductory price plus more affordable mounting options made them a no brainer. I don’t believe I’ve seen one bad review, or really a complaint or nitpick of any type about the Duo Extreme. They seem to just work and if they don’t there’s a 3 year warranty. I’m in no way unhappy with my Radion XR15 Gen 4’s performance but with a 30“ wide tank one just wasn’t enough coverage to avoid shadowing. I should have started with two. I guess I could say I don’t really like Mobius but honestly I’ve barely used it so it’s probably lack of familiarity that’s driving that. Getting two of the Unos and tank mounts seems like the perfect solution for my tank and I’m excited for them to finally get here.

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfectly understandable. They are great quality lights. I wasn't a fan of the UI on the website when I saw my friend using it. I prefer Mobius which is funny since most people don't like it. However, I have used it enough times to become used to it. When I started my tank I went with 2 XR15 G5 Pro's. So far the lights have been doing amazing and I only keep my peak intensity at 45% which is more than enough. I need to get a PAR meter soon to see what my numbers are.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfectly understandable. They are great quality lights. I wasn't a fan of the UI on the website when I saw my friend using it. I prefer Mobius which is funny since most people don't like it. However, I have used it enough times to become used to it. When I started my tank I went with 2 XR15 G5 Pro's. So far the lights have been doing amazing and I only keep my peak intensity at 45% which is more than enough. I need to get a PAR meter soon to see what my numbers are.
That’s interesting about the UI, one of the things Dana Riddle mentions in his review of the Uno is how easy the programming and set up is. Two XR15s on your tank will be more than enough for anything you ever want to do. I’d love to have a pair. I was going to be on the lookout for a used G4 XR15 to add but then the introductory discount on the Uno along with the 3 year warranty and the overall good reviews and quality made that decision pretty easy for me.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...

When are the new lights arriving?

I'm still happy with the Photon v2+ for the most part.
I wish they covered the far left and right sides of the tank more. I guess that's what I get for having an oddball 5ft tank though.

I hear the new ATI lights are NICE!
We are always looking for the next best thing but I'm trying to remain happy with the lights I've got.

Keep us posted and keep up the good work.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...

When are the new lights arriving?

I'm still happy with the Photon v2+ for the most part.
I wish they covered the far left and right sides of the tank more. I guess that's what I get for having an oddball 5ft tank though.

I hear the new ATI lights are NICE!
We are always looking for the next best thing but I'm trying to remain happy with the lights I've got.

Keep us posted and keep up the good work.
Have not heard anything yet. Still waiting for customs clearance I guess.
I was considering the Photon V2 at one time and I think they are great lights and a really good value. I would have had Wife Acceptance Factor issues with the mounts they come with though and hanging them from the ceiling really isn’t an option. I have not seen the new ATI lights, is that a T5 hybrid system?

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have not heard anything yet. Still waiting for customs clearance I guess.
I was considering the Photon V2 at one time and I think they are great lights and a really good value. I would have had Wife Acceptance Factor issues with the mounts they come with though and hanging them from the ceiling really isn’t an option. I have not seen the new ATI lights, is that a T5 hybrid system?

Nope.
All led.

They are similar to Phillips but by all accounts are better.

OP
OP
TheWB

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope.
All led.

They are similar to Phillips but by all accounts are better.
I just looked at it. I have seen the Straton before, I just didn’t realize it was ATI. I guess I think of them more for the Powermodules. It looks really nice but that style of light that needs to be hung from the ceiling is not for me. I think the Unos are going to do very well over my tank. Should be enough power to run anything I want to grow. I’m eventually going to try another Birdsnest or some other easy sps to see how it goes. Last one didn’t do so well.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • None.

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%
Back