Kershaw

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Not sure if this helps, but I had a 48x30x20 rimless that was 3/8” Thick.
I bought it used, the owner said he had it for about 5 years. I owned for 2 before I sold it.
It did have a lower black trim, but you couldn’t see it while it was on the stand.

Lastly if what you want is out of budget I’d suggest saving longer till you can get what you want. Make sure you read reviews on company’s and look into their warranty.

good luck

Fritz

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
GLasscages already got back.. fast. He said 3/4 all around for the 48 long and 1/2" all around for the 36x18x22 tall.
and 3/4 " is included in the price you see on the web site for my size tank yay. super scared on delivery price
thanks for reaching out to us. Always available for questions.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
GLasscages already got back.. fast. He said 3/4 all around for the 48 long and 1/2" all around for the 36x18x22 tall.
and 3/4 " is included in the price you see on the web site for my size tank yay. super scared on delivery price
Glasscages makes some really nice tanks. If the tank plus delivery blows your budget, Fijicube ships free if ordered from their website. This is the external overflow version of the tank I have sitting right behind me as I type this:

Or if you want the tank, stand, sump, ATO, plumbing parts all in one package:

OP
L

Lance Umansky

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Glasscages makes some really nice tanks. If the tank plus delivery blows your budget, Fijicube ships free if ordered from their website. This is the external overflow version of the tank I have sitting right behind me as I type this:

Or if you want the tank, stand, sump, ATO, plumbing parts all in one package:

Is that tank 3/4". In another thread the poster said similar size tank was 1/2". Maybe 5/8, bit not 3/4. It's about same price, though mine woudl be 2" taller. And not counting shipping.

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Is that tank 3/4". In another thread the poster said similar size tank was 1/2". Maybe 5/8, bit not 3/4. It's about same price, though mine woudl be 2" taller. And not counting shipping.
Front panel is just over 15mm (I just measured with a digital caliper and got .5955 inches) glass on my tank... like .03 inches under 5/8" (.625)

thatmanMIKEson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I"m starting to think about a eurobraced. Does this need to be same thickness for the 48x24 tank? Is 1/2" considered safe for this?
TIA
ill add i have eurobraced and i like that i dont have any water spillage on the glass or over the edge..

BRS

Do you keep "Reef Safe with Caution" fish?

• YES (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 294 62.2%
  • NO

Votes: 164 34.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 3.2%
Santa Monica Filtration