OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 60x28x20, arrives on Friday from CDA. Long wait times currently. Ordered back in march. I have owned rimless and went with euro bracing for piece of mind, dealing with salt creep. Also hoping it will prevent snails from killing them selves and stinking up my house. The bracing on my tank is double braces so it leaves a lip where a DIY screen too will sit flush with bracing
Im trying to make sense if double brace is a lot more protection(?). Can you send a link to cda? Ty!

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water line concealer and tinted black glass on the Eurobrace. Keeps everything looking much cleaner
im not sure what any of that is? i am new to a euro braced aquarium ive only ever had plastic rim full braced tanks befor the 120 sc aquarium i have now, i was looking into getting another large aquarium, i was looking at large rimless but this is the debate i have and with a large tank i feel like it might be worse than say a small cube..im not sure but i know im a little sloppy with the hands in the water..

but i need to look into this "water line concealer" and "tinted black glass on eurobrace" because im not sure what that means but i am interested in aything that can improve my setup.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my 120 euro ext overflow from sc aquarium, they have a black Friday sale every year I got it shipped to my door @ 749.99+tax free shipping its a good looking tank for not breaking the bank..
Can you link me to sc a? I like ship to
Door

socalfishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my rimless is 30" tall 3/4" low iron ultra clear. No bracing

custom aquariums/ lifetime aquarium, head to their website and look at their procedures. you get what you pay for.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Mine”’s Deal of the month so i have more than a day :). But thats good news. I wanted ghost oflow. Now i have to figure outif sunergy is nearly as good.
you’re totally happy with it? You know the thickness?
Edit: doesnt incl overflow. Ok. Its shipped to me :)
i hate to admit it but i wouldnt get the synergy, i just dont like the final fitment, and the euro brace being ontop of the weir, but i read somewhere about they could cut for any overflow you want.

i finally got the synergy to work without leaking yes i said leaking but its still very flimsy feeling i honestly would not use it again even if it wasnt 200$ and included. sorry i really wish that wasn't the way i feel since its in use in the other room, but hey

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really think the extra bracing is needed. I just like that when I make a DIY screen top it will sit flush with out any tabs or anything.

I had mine drilled for modular marine 24”
I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t go with CDA. But they quoted me 6-8 weeks and it took 7 months. And their communication left allot to be desired. I don’t think I will regret it at the end of it though.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hate to admit it but i wouldnt get the synergy, i just dont like the final fitment, and the euro brace being ontop of the weir, but i read somewhere about they could cut for any overflow you want.

i finally got the synergy to work without leaking yes i said leaking but its still very flimsy feeling i honestly would not use it again even if it wasnt 200$ and included. sorry i really wish that wasn't the way i feel since its in use in the other room, but hey
thanks for that input! .. Is the ghost better then? or is that just the way it is with all externals?

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SAC has no contact info . Their page to email to contact makes no sense, and no phone number listed. :-/

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it's hard to get a place that has what you're looking for if you're specific in what you want. My orig idea wont do 3/4" glass if rimless for instance though his shipping was really low to my door. My first alternative has what I want, though now Im thinking eurobraced, they still do 3/4 with euro -- not 5/8 which makes sense to me plus super high $$ to my door. SCA is not contactable, but I dont think they will install a ghost overflow. Planet looks too much $ for what they are. I actually had a deposit on one already... he never built the tank, I ended up getting the deposit back. I'm going to try my good ole stand by Fish Paradise, one of first LFS I ever been to 40 years ago. The stand they made for me was a really good $ and easily worth it.
I know this is getting off thread.. Anyone get a tank from Fish Paradise? -- a standalone store in Fort Lauderdale.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for that input! .. Is the ghost better then? or is that just the way it is with all externals?
I'm not sure i can only say for the synergy overflow I got for this tank it was ordered separately. But the abs was so thin the plumbing could shift the overflow a little and they only use one rubber gasket under a small locknut that I had allot of trouble getting leak proof I think its a cheap part that doesn't cost half of what its selling for and the customer service side is lacking as well, I know I won't be getting it again ill have it for a few years and scrap it...I would not make it my forever overflow!

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it's hard to get a place that has what you're looking for if you're specific in what you want. My orig idea wont do 3/4" glass if rimless for instance though his shipping was really low to my door. My first alternative has what I want, though now Im thinking eurobraced, they still do 3/4 with euro -- not 5/8 which makes sense to me plus super high $$ to my door. SCA is not contactable, but I dont think they will install a ghost overflow. Planet looks too much $ for what they are. I actually had a deposit on one already... he never built the tank, I ended up getting the deposit back. I'm going to try my good ole stand by Fish Paradise, one of first LFS I ever been to 40 years ago. The stand they made for me was a really good $ and easily worth it.
I know this is getting off thread.. Anyone get a tank from Fish Paradise? -- a standalone store in Fort Lauderdale.
Sca does drill for the synergy shadow over flow. I might be mistaking but think this was formally called ghost over flow. Here is the contact info off of their SCA website
[email protected]

Attachments

• E4E0C8B3-6DC3-4019-BB40-AA292F26C15B.png
    E4E0C8B3-6DC3-4019-BB40-AA292F26C15B.png
    214 KB · Views: 62

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at sca site you can get a 120gal with stand for under 1800 shipped to your door. Low iron glass, drilled for over flow euro braced.

or if your willing to sacrifice 2-4 inches you can get the IM 100 ext. that’s rimless a very affordable. It 48x24x20 I think. Has ext over flow built in and 15mm thick which is close to 5/8

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont let cost of the tank make your decision completely. i wish i had gotten a custom cut back panel to fit a all glass external overflow with the same internal weir but maybe a coast to coast, the 16" imo is small for a 48" tank.
i finally have it working for me, and it works good enough. and i never have scum on the surface, if the cost wasnt to much more i would have done it different i just didnt know.

the bulkheads that come with the tank are terrible paper weights, and the returns on either side are for 1/2" loc-line w/bulkheads. The tank has very clear glass and nice black backing the edges are all perfectly sanded and the silicon work is very clean it is a beautiful piece of glass. i love the Aquarium i just dont like the stuff that bolts to it, or their choice of manufactures they work with, but thats what the incredible price break is for, the sacrifice in some things you may not want, so they can mass produce for the masses. i get it.

i would definitely look into their tanks with research into the overflows and return sizes you want because 1/2" return even plumbed with 1" to the bulkhead cant keep up with the projected gph of the overflow, but thats what mp40's are for.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A place like glasscages has what I'm looking for overall, incoluding installing the ghost 2 which is 21". Seems overall people are happy with them, seems good quality. I dont think I need a 3/4" tank if it's with bracing. SInce that's the same exact thickness as a rimless. Plus the ship to door is crazy.
American Aquariums will do the eurobracing and 1/2" and ghost 2 installed.. They also seem to have positive overall experiences. I'll pay for quality, but not for something that's over and above any realm of need.
And what is the issue with the external overflow weird and bracing of a tank?

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skip rimless and go eurobrace. You will be much happier in the end. I hate my rimless tank. Fish splash out of it and when cleaning the glass, water always spills out no matter how careful I am.

Glasscages built my 250g Peninsula. You can see it in my build thread. I wouldn't hesitate to use Joe and team again. Joe is defintely one of the good guys in the hobby.
I second the eurobrace. I have a couple rimless cubes and they just take too much effort to keep clean. They eurobrace looks almost as nice anyway.

I am having a 48x18x24 built right now with 1/2'' glass. Delivering the bulkheads for drilling today and will try to take a pic.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the eurobrace. I have a couple rimless cubes and they just take too much effort to keep clean. They eurobrace looks almost as nice anyway.

I am having a 48x18x24 built right now with 1/2'' glass. Delivering the bulkheads for drilling today and will try to take a pic.
now I"m getting very close to pulling trigger with american aquariiums (with the s) there's ameican aquraium with no s.

Last edited:

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now I"m getting very close to pulling trigger with american aquariiums (with the s) there's ameican aquraium with no s.
Here are pics of my euro braced 90 in process.

Attachments

• 8F5527FB-9A69-4EA8-A7B5-79167FF931CD.jpeg
    8F5527FB-9A69-4EA8-A7B5-79167FF931CD.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 9FFAA032-74BD-43A5-B4AC-BDE0BA7EF8B9.jpeg
    9FFAA032-74BD-43A5-B4AC-BDE0BA7EF8B9.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 48

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 79 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back