thin, red worm that can climb up the glass panel?

Kokofish_2022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to remove it but unfortunately it got carried away by the currents and my clownfish saw it and gobbled it up :eek:. I hope the clownfish will be okay and the worm won't burst out of it like an alien chestburster lol.

Anyway it was about 0.75in to 1 inch long, red, and very thin (looks almost like a red spaghetti worm). With a magnifying glass, it had thin almost hairlike legs on each side of its body and it was covered with them on each side in a distinct and orderly way. It looked like it was using them to climb up the glass panel. Its head had a bunch of messy, long, thin, red tentacles flowing with the current. I was unfortunately unable to take a picture of it. Anyone have an idea of what it could have been?

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kokofish_2022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so it looks like a red species of Dorvilleidae worm which are related to the Bristleworms. If you google image them, they can actually climb up the glass panels to eat algae and detritus. From what I read, they are harmless scavengers and can be part of the CUC. Well, it is gone and gobbled up by my clownfish lol. The clownfish is still lively and hungry as it has been

Last edited:
Back