Things I Can Put In Refugium That Aren’t Refugium-ish

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to a previous post I’ve made and the responses, I’ve decided to forego the refugium process (chaeto, pods, etc…) for a long while. Feel free to read that thread and responses. Any who, I now have a small space in the back of my biocube 32 where the refugium would be and I’m dying to put something there. Lol! I’d love any ideas of alternative “things” that people place into the extra spaces of their tanks that are not directly in their tanks. Keep in mind it’s not a large area but it’s large enough to fit the InTank Refugium. All ideas appreciated!

Update: I currently have matrix, chemi pure and filter floss in back of tank

Not sure if my chaeto is dead, alive or in a coma

Last edited:

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was unable to keep chaeto in my refugium. I barely even have algae growing in it! Mine has a few crabs and a lot of rock rubble and bio-media. If I need a small piece of rock to mount a coral on, I pluck it out of my fuge. The rock is nicely cured and matches everything else in the tank. No obvious "white rock" to look at doing it this way.

Upvote 0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back