Things that eat asternia star fish that are not shrimp

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes I know Harlequinn shrimp, bongo, emperor. I got a harlequinn and I haven't seen him since I put him in and my star fish pop went down but now it's rising again. I was worried he was going to be eaten honestly, and even if he is alive I don't want to risk infighting and get another one
are there any wrasses or anything that will eat asternia?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Only fish I know of is Undulated and Pinktail trigger and rumors in the past of engineer gobies eating them.
I bought a nice size harlequin yesterday to start reducing mine. Have gotten out of control the last 6-8 weeks.

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only fish I know of is Undulated trigger and rumors in the past of engineer gobies eating them.
I bought a nice size harlequin yesterday to start reducing mine. Have gotten out of control the last 6-8 weeks.
I could try a small undulated, never heard of engineers eating them, might give it a shot. I've been removing hundreds by hand, but I can't get every single one

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I could try a small undulated, never heard of engineers eating them, might give it a shot. I've been removing hundreds by hand, but I can't get every single one
I UNDERSTAND.
Problems with these things is that weekly, they break off a leg in which they easily repair. The broken leg becomes a new star. You can have dozens in a few short weeks.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back