Think I might have killed my GSP!

Prolxstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last week I noticed my GSP wasn’t opening up very well do to the algae growing on the frag plug. I took it out a dipped it in hydrogen peroxide. Unfortunately I got sidetracked an left it in there for 10 minutes. I rinsed it off with tank water and put it back in tank. It’s been almost a week and it hasn’t opened back up yet. Would you guy say it’s dead from being in there for so long?

Thanks Tom

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So last week I noticed my GSP wasn’t opening up very well do to the algae growing on the frag plug. I took it out a dipped it in hydrogen peroxide. Unfortunately I got sidetracked an left it in there for 10 minutes. I rinsed it off with tank water and put it back in tank. It’s been almost a week and it hasn’t opened back up yet. Would you guy say it’s dead from being in there for so long?

Thanks Tom
1-2 minutes is sufficient and yes, that may have damaged the gsp itself. Leave it in there as these can be risilient and suddenly have polyps re-emerge. Offer it good flow

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't count it out. Leave it.

I have scraped gap off the overflow, leaving a tiny bit of flesh, that re gsp'd the area. Cockroaches and green star polyps will be the only survivors of a nuclear winter.
Aptasia had entered the chat

OP
OP
Prolxstang

Prolxstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1-2 minutes is sufficient and yes, that may have damaged the gsp itself. Leave it in there as these can be risilient and suddenly have polyps re-emerge. Offer it good flow
I moved the frag higher up in the tank in direct flow of my power head. I haven’t seen anything new but it’s only been 2 days. At what point should I give up and remove it? Another week or 2 ?
Thanks Tom

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I moved the frag higher up in the tank in direct flow of my power head. I haven’t seen anything new but it’s only been 2 days. At what point should I give up and remove it? Another week or 2 ?
Thanks Tom
10-14 days

RedG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang I sure hope it recovers, I just dipped mine yesterday but only did it for 2 mins.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Tom
Still no..

When you see absolutely Zero purple flesh, it's gone. Gsp can not open for a LONG TIME.

In fact I had some GSP on a rock sitting in a bucket in my garage for a week before I got around to scrubbing and cleaning it intending to dry it out. There were still live polyps on it..

OP
OP
Prolxstang

Prolxstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no..

When you see absolutely Zero purple flesh, it's gone. Gsp can not open for a LONG TIME.

In fact I had some GSP on a rock sitting in a bucket in my garage for a week before I got around to scrubbing and cleaning it intending to dry it out. There were still live polyps on it..
Nothing yet. Unfortunately there doesn’t look to be any purple flesh on the plug mostly gray.
Today would be 10days since it’s been dipped. I’m gonna let it go the rest of the week.

I know everyone said you can’t kill them. Well Apparently I can lol haha

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If only there wasn't other stuff on that rock I like.. not to mention, it's on the largest base rock in my tank. I'll just keep zapping with a laser.
What kind of laser kills it. My island snuck into the back of my rock work and I have to figure out a way to kill it before it spreads everywhere!!?

please advise on this so called laser?

Back