Thinking about a change...

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the time has come in my job where I'm starting to travel more and more. Not only that, I am also traveling more personally. Being gone for a weeks time I am always paranoid at what might and will happen to my tank while I'm away. I have a buddy who I got into Reefin and is going full throttle, as we all did haha. He watches over the tank for me when I'm gone, swinging by multiple times a day to check on things. I don't have the fanciest equipment or set up. I definitely am not trusting it too much, thinking in the future. I actually have a few aquariums but the main is my worry. The others all have HOB equipment so if the power goes out, nothing happens, when it kicks back on so do they and no problem.
I guess what I'm getting at is breaking my system down, selling everything off, and starting from scratch with an all in one set up and auto top offs, and controllers and dosers auto shut offs and all that. I have a lot of coral, some very nice big pieces that I would sell off and stash the money away for a new system. I would like to hear others input on this predicament. In no way do I want to get out of the hobby, but maybe pause for a brighter future haha maybe...
please let me know what you all think and thanks for taking the time to read my story.

Back