Thinking about upgrading heaters. Please help

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course they can fail. It's a 30 quid bit of electronics, It's ridiculous to say they can't.
I'm not saying they can't fail. However there's a very loud alarm for when they do. Why buy a controller if you're not going to utilize it anyway?

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not saying they can't fail. However there's a very loud alarm for when they do. Why buy a controller if you're not going to utilize it anyway?
Soo if you're, on holiday? At work? Out with family or friends?

I have a controller. That controls my 2 heaters. The controller gets stuck on - The two heaters have their own thermometers and will shut off before it gets too hot. If a heaters thermometer get stuck on too, the other shuts off and my tank still doesn't boil. For my tank to boil, Both heaters, AND the Temperature control would have to fail and then it's clearly gods will for my tank to boil. The controller is utilized completely, it keeps my tank more stable than just the heaters could, but it isn't a big deal when it craps out, like lots of tech eventually does.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
which inkbird is everyone using?

was checking reviews on the ITC-306a
and they’re not too glowing on brs

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Then I’ll just keep the one I have and buy another Eheim. The ink bird will shut it off if it overheats, correct? Will it just cut the over heating one off or both? Also, do you get text alerts with the WiFi one?
Yes alarm/notification on phone. And to properly size a heater you need to factor in ambient room temperature; there are calculators available on Internet

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 x 100W BRS heaters on the wifi Inkbird for my 40g system. They work well and are not on all that much. I do live in the Phoenix are, so heaters are not all that important here, but I would underpower both heaters to avoid an accidental overheating event. Your tank can survive in the temps most of us keep our homes at.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use finnex titanium 800 watt finnex controller. For 15 years . Not a problem. Think I should get a new one.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back