Thinking about upgrading to XR15 G6 Blue from Ai Prime and need a PAR meter

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow club members. When I joined this reef club it said that there’s an option to borrow or rent a PAR meter? Is this still an option? I’m needing to measure PAR around my current corals then set the new light up to match so like a week borrow time. Have credit cards etc for deposit or whatever just don’t want to have to go out and buy one just to use it a week. Thanks fellow reefers!

UrksOceanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly there were 2 par meters at one time. To my knowledge 1 took a swim and never worked properly again. The 2nd one (non-LED style) is still out there somewhere but we have yet to see anyone come forward with it since this new administration has been here.
we do have a few club members who are happy to lend out ones they own, hopefully they communicate with you here. Otherwise you’ll find good luck posting your question on our FB page as well

OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly there were 2 par meters at one time. To my knowledge 1 took a swim and never worked properly again. The 2nd one (non-LED style) is still out there somewhere but we have yet to see anyone come forward with it since this new administration has been here.
we do have a few club members who are happy to lend out ones they own, hopefully they communicate with you here. Otherwise you’ll find good luck posting your question on our FB page as well
Thanks! I don’t have social media unfortunately. I might just “rent” one from Amazon if I do not hear from anyone. My light was supposed to be here Christmas Eve but obviously the ice storm changed the plans. Made me realize that I need a backup generator when my lights went out for like 4 hours total yesterday

Osteoclast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I don’t have social media unfortunately. I might just “rent” one from Amazon if I do not hear from anyone. My light was supposed to be here Christmas Eve but obviously the ice storm changed the plans. Made me realize that I need a backup generator when my lights went out for like 4 hours total yesterday
I have one if you PM me depending on where you live you are welcome to borrow it.

Osteoclast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am over by Percy Warner Park. Send me a PM and you can come by to pick it up when convenient for you and me.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back