Thinking about using some new KZ products.

AntarcticIkeelu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve started adding flatworm stop to my tank. A friend recommended it to me saying it was great for sps. I’m curious on how much others who use it are dosing. Do y’all dose the recommended amount or less?

Also KZ said the coral boost goes well with flatworm stop so I’m considering this product as well as their trace element complex. Anyone out there have experience with these two products? All information is appreciated.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know quite a few of my friends that have used FlatwormStop and Coral Booster with positive results incase of AEFW infestation. @jda for sure has experience.

May I ask why are you trying to add something if you do not have an issue ?

Any other trace elements you add ?

Honestly in my humble opinion, I wouldn't try to add anything without having a reason for it or knowing what would it do .

#reefsquad - any suggestion ?

Regards,
Abhishek

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the FW Stop did eradicate flat worms over many months, we saw no other difference to the healthy coral once we stopped using it. It did make the corals healthier at first, but it killed the flatworms that were plaguing them.

My normal advice is that today's hot supplement is tomorrows punchline. Coral Snow, DT Oyster Eggs, DTs Phyto, etc. were once the Acropower, Red Sea whatever, etc of today that people swear that they cannot live without.

I also am not a fan of adding stuff that does not tell you what it in it, unless you are really desperate. This is why I was so hesitant to recommend the FW Stop on that tank, but we kinda were desperate with probably ten thousand of AEFW everywhere. It worked out, but we also quit when they were all gone.

The real test is not if you notice any difference when you start using a supplement - there are all kinds of bias that factor into your decision making here. It is stopping and then also noticing that is important... this is rare in this hobby.

OP
OP
AntarcticIkeelu

AntarcticIkeelu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input guys. I don’t have any aefw in the tank, but I often frag acros. Supposedly Flatworm Stop helps acros slime better which is important for me when I’m fragging corals. In any sense, I ended up ordering coral boost as well. I’ll be doing half the recommended dose and see how it does here in the next couple months. I will update this with results in a few months.

OP
OP
AntarcticIkeelu

AntarcticIkeelu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know quite a few of my friends that have used FlatwormStop and Coral Booster with positive results incase of AEFW infestation. @jda for sure has experience.

May I ask why are you trying to add something if you do not have an issue ?

Any other trace elements you add ?

Honestly in my humble opinion, I wouldn't try to add anything without having a reason for it or knowing what would it do .

#reefsquad - any suggestion ?

Regards,
Abhishek
I don’t add any other trace elements. I use to add Red Sea coral colors but I didn’t really notice a change after a few months of using it so I didn’t reorder.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the input guys. I don’t have any aefw in the tank, but I often frag acros. Supposedly Flatworm Stop helps acros slime better which is important for me when I’m fragging corals. In any sense, I ended up ordering coral boost as well. I’ll be doing half the recommended dose and see how it does here in the next couple months. I will update this with results in a few months.

Healthy acors will skin over from cuts in 8-10 days and by 14 have a handful of nodules that will be new sprouts I doubt any supplement is going to accelerate that.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back