Thinking I have Dinos

fowler279

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So been dealing with Cyano and going the natural route to get rid of them. They continue to come back but now thinking its more Dinos coming back instead of Cyano. Pretty sure I have both at this point but need some help with the ID. Any suggestions on what im looking at here? Not the best microscope or camera man.

Tank is a few months old.
170G total volume
NO3 - 7.3
PO4 - .03
DKH - 8.8
Calc - 488
Mg - 1302
Salinity - 35ppt
Temp - 78

IMG_2459.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can you take actual tank appearance under white lights? Images are fuzzy on the above pics

FIN&BONEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went through the same thing both at the same time. What finally worked and I stand by the natural way is jacking nitrates to 20 slowly with extra feeding of your fish. Find a good pod dealer and dump a ton in. Over do it if you can!

OP
OP
fowler279

fowler279

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went through the same thing both at the same time. What finally worked and I stand by the natural way is jacking nitrates to 20 slowly with extra feeding of your fish. Find a good pod dealer and dump a ton in. Over do it if you can!
Thats what i have been attempting to do. Have added several different types from different vendors of pods. Been dosing Phyto as well. Think the main thing is i have barely any bioload. Only 2 clowns and a cleaner shrimp until last week. Added a firefish last week and today added a wrasse and 2 cardinals. Have been over feeding the tank with each feeding and levels stay the same. So hopefully adding more fish will help. Still small fish but additional bioload. Ill continue to add more pods and dose phyto as well as overfeed to get the tank dirtier. Was planning in raising the temp a little over the next few days to see if that would help keep them at bay. Also have water glass to dose Silicate if needed.

Back