OP
reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update. Letting things settle out. Still trying to increase PAR and get flow figured out how I want it. One small dead spot right now. Downfall of AIO is you can't put MP10s on back wall.

CUC was ordered and introduced. Not a great experience with Reef cleaners so I may not be using them again.

mwil79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going to start to following along with this thread. I won a Red Sea Desktop Cube in a raffle recently and I am currently setting up the tank. I won't have any water in it till end of June however I did set the tank up yesterday. One thing I was trying to figure out is how to mount a light with the ATO and Skimmer in the rear chamber. Seems that unless you are running a RS LED 50 or 90 it's just not going to work. I am going to remove the ATO and maybe go with a hydra with flex mount to off center it ever so slightly. Love the build and will be looking forward to the updates!

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a bit. I've really just been letting the tank find itself and even out. I added the Aquamaxx bullet 2 and its a beast. Trying to get Phosphate up as it is extremely low and I'm seeing some algae growth that the CUC isn't keeping up with. So I've been dosing Neophos and Microbacter 7 at 4ml and 5ml per day. I may get a timer for the skimmer and shut it down during the day. I also increased feeding from every other day to daily.

Still playing around with flow. Lesson learned on the AIO tanks and not being able to put ecotech mp10s on the back wall. But first things first and getting nutrients stable. Test today was 5 Nitrate and .02 Phosphate. Was zero Po4 yesterday.

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went away for a few days and came back to a metric **** load of cyano... and its healthy. Never seen this much before. Nitrate is at 3 and Phos was 0 on hanna's. Skimmer cup is filled with black goo. These bullet skimmers kick some serious buns. Going to add some neophos and turn the lights out for a few days. Then I'll get what I can off of everything and do a large water change.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back