This girl’s 310g peninsula dream tank with fish room!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sorry to hear..i really hope this happened before midnight:(good to hear corals are ok,hopefully trouble has passed.!!

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60A58147-1C27-454B-8DC4-23930A401907.jpeg

Top down shot of the coral tub

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! and happy new year! I'm still here! Its been a year and a half since I posted :eek: When I was here last, we had discovered bubbles in one of the seams, so we had moved everything to stock tanks while we waited for a replacement. I lost enthusiasm for posting and for the tank itself for a while because of that, but we've made it! :grinning-face: It took a while to get the replacement tank but if finally arrived and we moved everything back in. We lost a few fish, but surprisingly most fish and coral survived better than I expected. Since then there have been ups and down, as it goes with this hobby. The tank was doing AMAZING for a while and then I started slacking on husbandry. Thankfully its still doing well and I am trying to fall in love with it again, and get back to taking better care of it.

I no longer QT any fish or corals, we follow the H2O2 method of bathing new fish and continuous dosing after. Its been working well for us so far. No outbreaks of anything the last year and a half. Current fish list is:
2 yellow tangs
1 desjardini sailfish tang
1 hippo tang
1 whitetail bristletooth tang
1 queen angel
1 magnificent foxface
4 lyretail anthers
1 bimaculate anthias
2 clownfish
4 blue/green chromis
1 midas blenny
1 red head solon wrasse
1 christmas wrasse
1 blue fairy wrasse
1 melarnarus wrasse

tempImageeORuwK.png
tempImageNA5rxX.png
tempImageGD13tf.png
tempImagevuLIMy.png
tempImageBGy6V8.png

Last edited:

Pierre96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish look so happy in there new home. Happy too hear you didn't give up! We also had a planet tank (180) setup for 8 months and ours actually did leak unfortunately. Got the call from the wife. Not a fun day. We talked to our LFS and reached too planet. Long story short we went with another tank maker and so happy we did. Our fish are still hanging out in the 100 gallon sump in the basement waiting for me to finish plumbing the new tank (slow process lol). Loved following your build. Such a nice setup :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back