This girl’s 310g peninsula dream tank with fish room!

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys should have installed hardwood or laminate flooring at the same time! ;Playful
I agree. you might want to pause, i know you are excited to get the tank wet and cycling. but now is the time to do it. even if it's just a few feet around the tank.

just an idea. once the tank up that carpet is there for good.

We did talk about it but decided to keep the carpet for now because we can’t decide what type of flooring we want. The tank is a permanent fixture so if we put new flooring down later it will just go around the tank.

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an incredible build you have planned!!

Thanks!

Very cool build. Im of the OCD type and cant imagine seeing cords on a peninsula but in this instance Id go this route if I had to get something on the far end.
Almost invisible hiding cords in the canopy.

Thanks, I will check out the video! We do plan on running the cords through the canopy though

This looks fun!

Im already planning the 180-400G build that won’t happen until we get our forever home in 5+ years and I can’t wait for it to unfold!

Can’t wait to see the hurdles and how you handle them will follow this!

Thanks!

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frame for the stand is complete! We are going to wait until the tank is in place to put on the outer plywood because we want it to come up high enough to cover the bottom brace. One bad thing, hopefully not too bad, is that we used pressure treated lumber ;Facepalm;Facepalm;Facepalm We had no idea we shouldn’t. Hopefully it doesn’t shrink too bad. Right now everything is fitting nice and tight and square and plumb.

8A13B36E-CA1A-4AA4-B721-69DBD84B7E89.jpeg

6CA9C0EB-984D-418B-BEE4-436246ED473F.jpeg
DA938B35-46BE-4B34-8A82-3EE07F76FBCE.jpeg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frame for the stand is complete! We are going to wait until the tank is in place to put on the outer plywood because we want it to come up high enough to cover the bottom brace. One bad thing, hopefully not too bad, is that we used pressure treated lumber ;Facepalm;Facepalm;Facepalm We had no idea we shouldn’t. Hopefully it doesn’t shrink too bad. Right now everything is fitting nice and tight and square and plumb.

8A13B36E-CA1A-4AA4-B721-69DBD84B7E89.jpeg

6CA9C0EB-984D-418B-BEE4-436246ED473F.jpeg
DA938B35-46BE-4B34-8A82-3EE07F76FBCE.jpeg

looks like your hubby did some nice work on that stand!

Pickwun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dog had to have emergency surgery last night to remove part of a blanket from intestines. It was not cheap so the build might take a bit longer than originally planned. The important thing is that he’s going to be okay!

DB23CE69-8C7F-4485-BF34-5E4878A9C1D7.jpeg
One of the many reasons why I no longer have 4-legged pets. Dogs are way cool, but I just don't need one living with me. Glad that it came out well.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. My bulldog almost had to have the same because he ate a cardboard box from a 12 pack of soda. Luckily the little guy managed to get it all out on his own. Hope your pup has a speedy recovery!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dog had to have emergency surgery last night to remove part of a blanket from intestines. It was not cheap so the build might take a bit longer than originally planned. The important thing is that he’s going to be okay!

DB23CE69-8C7F-4485-BF34-5E4878A9C1D7.jpeg

I hope the doggie recovers quickly! we have 300lbs worth of dog in my house and those 2 are like children to us, so i completely understand that.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the many reasons why I no longer have 4-legged pets. Dogs are way cool, but I just don't need one living with me. Glad that it came out well.

I lost my Charlie cat about 18 months ago, I doubt I will get another 4 legged fury friend! :)

Mattman1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to the power heads have you thought about multiple return pumps plumbed to the far side in the canopy maybe with random flow generators. Not sure of the overflow box or I might even suggest a closed loop.
Tunze makes top of the line equipment. I’ve never been disappointed.
maxspect gyre are way better then ice cap but the time to clean them is to much for me. I sold mine this past weekend.

Matt

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to the power heads have you thought about multiple return pumps plumbed to the far side in the canopy maybe with random flow generators. Not sure of the overflow box or I might even suggest a closed loop.
Tunze makes top of the line equipment. I’ve never been disappointed.
maxspect gyre are way better then ice cap but the time to clean them is to much for me. I sold mine this past weekend.

Matt
We have thought about that but I didn’t know if the flow would be too targeted and not a wide enough flow path. And also if it would be strong enough. I’m guessing it would need multiple outputs along the length of the tank to reach everywhere. We’re doing the internal overflow. We’re not great at plumbing so really want to just keep it simple.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the doggie recovers quickly! we have 300lbs worth of dog in my house and those 2 are like children to us, so i completely understand that.
Thanks! What kind of dogs do you have? We love big dogs and want to get a Great Dane or Bernese mountain dog someday. Triton is 115lb German Shepard and mastiff mix. We also have Dylan who is a Weimaraner and pointer mix.

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. My bulldog almost had to have the same because he ate a cardboard box from a 12 pack of soda. Luckily the little guy managed to get it all out on his own. Hope your pup has a speedy recovery!
Thanks! Our dogs LOVE cardboard!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back