This GoFundMe was created to honor Jake's legacy, wife and unborn baby.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping this back up

calanprc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1667184042850.png
I was stunned to hear about the news concerning Jake Adams. My deepest condolences to Jake's wife and family. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. I thoroughly enjoyed all the podcasts and YouTube videos that he and Mark put together. I made my donation to Jake's Family.
Romans 8:18 - "Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later."

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this news. I never had the pleasure of meeting Jake in person, but I did get to correspond with him via email several times. What a terrible loss for the reefing community. I do not think anyone was more dedicated to sharing, learning, and teaching about this hobby than Jake. How tragic his unborn child will never get to experience how wonderful Jake really was. My sorrow at the moment is truly great.

CookieRdReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. I don't know about anybody else but I found reefkeeping less appealing and have been ignoring my tank more than ever after hearing about his passing. I frequently watched his Reefbuilders videos and listened to all of his Reef Therapy podcasts. It's still hard to believe this happened to such a seemingly healthy young guy. On his gofundme page there is a write up from his wife that includes news about her pregnancy going well. I never met the guy but I've selfishly been hoping to hear good news about his baby one day.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. I don't know about anybody else but I found reefkeeping less appealing and have been ignoring my tank more than ever after hearing about his passing. I frequently watched his Reefbuilders videos and listened to all of his Reef Therapy podcasts. It's still hard to believe this happened to such a seemingly healthy young guy. On his gofundme page there is a write up from his wife that includes news about her pregnancy going well. I never met the guy but I've selfishly been hoping to hear good news about his baby one day.
I totally understand the hobby having less appeal with Jake gone. He was as much a part of the hobby as the animals themselves (for me at least) and I didn’t even know it until his passing. However.. with his influence gone it is all the more important to carry on his legacy and do our best to represent this hobby in a responsible and sustainable way. Make this your mission :)

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you aren’t alone, I have been doing less of reefing all together and even my activity on the forum has significantly reduced.
as @Jase4224 mentioned I have found a new motive to continue, which is being a part of his legacy somehow. I have watched some of his videos like 10 times over and over and every time I watch them there is something new that I learn.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back