This Is Important. Please Read!

Discussion in 'Aquatic Creations' started by Myk, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Myk

Myk Aquatic Creations www.ReefDelivery.com Platinum Sponsor

My apologies if this is redundant. I would assume that someone else has already posted it, but your help and your voice is needed in the matter and I wanted to pass this along.

The Hawaiian ornamental fishery is a treasure. The benefits to the environment and the educational value that the aquarium trade brings to the table is far more important to the long term health of the reef than the sport fishers can bring to the dinner plate!

https://reefbuilders.com/2018/01/25/tell-the-hawaii-senate-water-and-land-committee-no-on-sb2003/

EmdeReef, reeftigergal and Kremis like this.
    Tags:

2. Maacc

Maacc Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

How about lobbying for the ornamental fishery without demonizing sport fisherman and spear fishermen. You might find more people to help that way.
    Splitting those if us who enjoy the ocean plays into the hands of the environmental extremists.
    Once you want to work together, I would be game.

Bosko777 and reeftigergal like this.
  3. Myk

You make a good point. Just from the local governments position it seems hypocritical for other forms of fishing to be allowed even without permit is more the point I think.

Personally, I have no issue with any use of resources as long as it is sustainable. I live on the east coast and go fishing out of Gloucester on the regular with friends. It is a well regulated fishery and we eat all that we take. If there was an ornamental trade in my area that was being shut down I would find that rather hypocritical if I was allowed to fish.

Anyway, point well taken. I suppose that it could be worded better.

4. Myk

Maacc likes this.