• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

This is the last time I buy from LIVEAQUARIA

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, so I usually don't leave bad reviews on places, but I think this needs to be said. I've been a loyal customer to LiveAquaria for about 7 years now. Ive spent thousands at their store over the years, and have dealt with many incidents. I just recently got back into the reefing hobby after about a year or two break. (in which time LiveAquaria was bought out by Petco) I ordered a few fish from LA, thinking I was getting the same quality and customer service I did a couple of years ago. BOY, WAS I WRONG!! I first ordered a $200 Golden Rhomboidalis wrasse and three firefish. The firefish were covered in flat worms and the rhomboid didn't look to great. Well the rhomboid got really sick about two days outside of the guarantee. Called them and told them, hoping they could help me or something. They told me I should have called days ago when my guarantee was still good and they possibly could have extended it. Apparently their policy has changed a lot since I used to buy from them. Now, you need to call when a fish is sick, you have to take pics of dead ones, and they won't reship replacements at all. I'm good with that. That's not the reason for this bad review... keep reading. So anyway, I talked to a manager blah blah blah etc etc. In the end he told me to email the fish's symptoms and a vid of it to their "EXPERT" fish veterinarians... yeah right. He said he would personally make sure I got a timely response and they would help keep my fish alive. Alright! I actually had a little hope that they would make this right! Well a day later I got an email response. Guess what they said? No medication recommendations, no guess about what the fish could have, no suggestions or nothing. THEY TOLD ME I SHOULD TURN THE FRICKIN LIGHTS OFF!!!! I TURNED THE DANG LIGHTS ON TO GET YOU GUYS A PIC OF THE FISH!!! I KNOW TO DIM THE LIGHTS FOR A SICK FISH!!!! So that is incident 1. I'll give them that one since it was out of the guaran.tee. But let's talk about what I heard on the phone 2 weeks ago. I ordered a wrasse (who was the only survivor out of 4 fish), 2 female wantanabei angels, and a diamond watchman goby. All of the fish went straight into quarantine tank with correct parameters and I matched the salinity to water of the fish when they arrived. Anyway, they goby died mysteriously after 2 days. Then one angel died the next morning and the other angel was breathing heavy. Called them. They send the refund for the fish no problem. Then we get to talking about the sick one. ( I wasn't asking for their help in curing it since they were 0 help the first time. I just wanted to see if they would extend the guarantee at this point). Anyway, they asked the symptoms of the fish and I told the lady ( I talked to Shari). I would say something along the lines of "Well, he is laying on its side breathing..." then she would interrupt me and say "oh, just so you know it is a 'she'". I DON'T GIVE A CRAP!! I just want my fish healthy!!! She kept interrupting me, telling me it was a 'she'. Then the lady goes on to call it a HE!!! at the end of our conversation, she realizes this and goes "oh, silly me! its a she." Come on people! Any way, that angel died last week, outside of its guarantee. I was also told by LA themselves that these angels are very salinity sensitive and should never have salinity below 1.021. Well guess what? The water in the bag was in hypo, at 1.018. I'm not sure if that is a problem or not, but it doesn't matter now anyway. My point here is @LiveAquaria doesn't care about their customers anymore, they have parasite laden fish, and the world's worst customer service!!! The people you call on their customer service line are rude, disrespectful, and treat you like you only know how to take care of a Betta fish!!! I would never recommend them to anyone and I will never buy from them again. The only reason they are #1 to buy from is because of their 14-day guarantee and their $99+ free shipping deal. On top of all that, they now set expiry dates on your rewards points!! I miss the old LiveAquaria. I will be buying all livestock from another source now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, of course not. They wouldn't even give me a 10% off coupon. The manager said they may have been able to help me if I would have called earlier, which I don't believe at all

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder;
This thread is in vendor feedback. Outside comments are not permitted with exception to linking your own feedback thread in regards to the same vendor @LiveAquaria
This is to keep the thread from cluttering up so that the consumer and the vendor can hopefully come to a resolution.

Thank you and have a nice day :)

Crabs

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back